10. Gangrel Destroys His Whole Character
All vampires end up directing porn. It’s like all dogs go to heaven, but with porn.
Before he went into the only business with more grunts and fluids than professional wrestling, Gangrel was one of the most instantly awesome gimmicks in the Attitude Era. His flaming entrance, his awesome music that combined muzak and heavy breathing better than any of the stuff he would direct later in his career, his bloodbath shenanigans, his harem of lovely blonde Canadian boys. It’s such a shame that they once put a microphone in his hand.
On an episode of Shotgun Saturday Night in October 98, Gangrel came to the ring to call out Edge and oh it’s bad, lads. The juxtaposition of the cool, supernatural badass, with how he cut his promo, like a loud, inarticulate highschool jock talking whilst desperately trying to do algebra in his head and the only way he knows how to do that is gargle marbles, is so sadly funny. And to be clear, that’s WWE’s fault, if a character is cool without saying a word, then don’t have him say words, especially when the words are this… hilariously…. awful…
- WWE Hires New Creative Role Connected To White Rabbit Teases
- Colt Cabana Responds To Joke About ‘Naughty’Talent Being Sent To ROH
- Scrapped Young Bucks AEW Plans Revealed
- Sammy Guevara Makes Ironic Comment Amid Online Feud With Andrade El Idolo
- Veer Mahaan Returns To NXT And Reunites With Sanga
- Another WWE Name Change?
- Major AEW Event Confirmed To Return Later This Year?
- MJF Comments On WWE New Director Of Longterm Creative
- Tony Khan On Andrade El Idolo Potentially Leaving AEW After Rampage
- Halloween Havoc Stipulation Revealed & Bizarre Attack On NXT