5. Edge vs. Rey Mysterio vs. Wade Barrett vs. Drew McIntyre vs. Kane vs. Big Show – Elimination Chamber
If Edge is associated with a stipulation match, in many people’s minds it would be the TLC match and rightfully so. However, the Elimination Chamber match deserves some love as well.
Edge had a legendary night at No Way Out 2009 in two chamber matches but this match in 2011 was perhaps his best single match performance.
Edge and Rey Mysterio were the two to start the match and they outlasted all four of their opponents. They continued to brawl until Edge finally caught Mysterio with a mid-air spear. This match is not talked about enough in the conversations of best Edge matches, best Elimination Chamber matches, or best 2011 matches.
I don’t know how often that last one is brought up in conversation but that’s what this list is for.
4. CM Punk vs. The Miz vs. Alberto Del Rio – TLC
CM Punk main eventing a pay-per-view as WWE Champion? Boy, is that ever a rare sight. Punk’s WWE Championship reign was rarely given the importance it deserved but at TLC 2011 he had one of his best title defenses.
Flanked by The Miz and Alberto Del Rio, Punk defended the title in a TLC match. While this match doesn’t get talked about much in the grand scheme of TLC matches, it should be. It is great.
There were fun moments of double-team offense from the heels and a very creative finish where Punk was handcuffed to a turnbuckle and was forced to unscrew the ropes to climb the ladder.
3. Randy Orton vs. Christian – Over The Limit
Oh hey Christian, been a while. Christian and Randy Orton were terrific opponents for each other but they never topped their first pay-per-view match at Over The Limit. This is probably the one and only time people can say they had one of their best matches at Over The Limit.
As far as a straight singles match, this might be the best match of Orton’s career. Everything was incredibly smooth and crisp with the fans split on who they wanted to see win.
Christian had yet to turn heel but seeds were being planted especially after Orton was able to get the win.
Christian had some choice words for Orton before a tense handshake but hopefully they exchanged more pleasant words when they got to the back because they unquestionably tore the house down.
- MJF AEW Return Update, Triple H’s First NXT Call-Up, WWE 2K23 Release Date – News Bulletin – August 10, 2022
- Huge Update On Undertaker Status For WWE Clash At The Castle Weekend
- Kota Ibushi Teases AEW Run & Reunion With Kenny Omega
- Big Clue Shows Who WWE Sees As Its Biggest Stars
- Freddie Prinze Jr Wanted Karrion Kross As His First Champion
- Tony Khan Provides Clarification On Huge Rumored Change To AEW Pay-Per-Views
- AEW Rampage Spoilers For August 12
- Amari Miller Deletes Twitter After Controversial Sasha Banks Comment Causes Huge Backlash
- Tony Khan Addresses Rumors About AEW Backstage Unhappiness
- Sasha Banks Removed From Notable WWE Position