If you are looking for something to watch during The Steve Corino Virus of 2020, the WWE Network is a great place to go. One wrestler a lot of WWE fans are familiar with is Sting. However, many of Sting’s best matches occurred in the NWA or early WCW.
The NWA has seen a revival of late on YouTube. Sting was an integral part of the NWA becoming WCW. While Crow Sting battled The NWO, Surfer Sting was having great matches.
Here’s a list of 8 Sting matches worth watching on WWE Network:
This was the final WCW WrestleWar pay-per-view and featured one of the best WarGames matches of all time. Sting’s Squadron took on The Dangerous Alliance.
Sting’s Squadron ended up winning the match. Rick Rude and Sting had a great feud in WCW and this was a terrific match between the two groups. The match ended up getting 5 stars by Dave Meltzer.
Speaking of WarGames matches. Sting took part in quite a few matches. This match was also given 5 stars by Meltzer. However, most fans would claim 1991 was better.
This match featured The Four Horsemen (Ric Flair, Barry Windham, Sid Vicious) with Larry Zbysko subbing in for Arn Anderson vs. Sting, The Steiners, and Brian Pillman. The match made famous by The Horsemen would see them winning this over the faces.
Clash of Champions 88:
The match that put Sting on the map. Sting challenged Ric Flair for the NWA World’s Heavyweight Championship. The match would go to a 45-minute time limit draw. The match was originally scheduled to go 60 minutes, but the live event went long and the main event only had 45 minutes left.
After the time ran out, the decision went to the judges. The match was declared a draw and Ric Flair retained the title. The match cemented Sting as a fixture as a single’s star in the NWA and WCW for the remainder of his career until the company went out of business.
Sting vs. Big Van Vader – StarrCade 1992:
Sting and Vader would fight in the finals of the King of Cable tournament. This match got 4.5 stars from Meltzer.
Sting and Vader faced off in a tournament that included Tony Atlas, Rick Rude, Dustin Rhodes, The Barbarian, Barry Windham, and Brian Pillman. Vader defeated Rhodes in the Semifinals while Sting defeated Rick Rude.
- Tony Khan Provides Update On AEW’s Standing Following Warner Bros Discovery Merger
- Big Format Change To AEW Double Or Nothing Affecting CM Punk Vs. Hangman Page?
- Cody Rhodes Planned As WWE 2K23 Cover Star?
- Alexa Bliss Reports “Fan” For Death Threats
- Sonny Kiss ‘Still Believes AEW Is For Everyone’ Despite Long TV Hiatus
- Rumour Killer On WWE Ending The Brand Split
- Nikkita Lyons Pulled From NXT Women’s Breakout Tournament Due To Injury
- WWE SmackDown Star Ludwig Kaiser Undergoes Another Name Change
- Mia Yim Says ‘WWE Likes To Fix S**t That Isn’t Broken’
- Fabian Aichner Appears To Be Getting A New Gimmick