This Is A TELEVISION CHAMPIONSHIP
The consistency the television championship is defended as compared to a World Championship is going to increase the chances of a championship changing hands.
Going back to the days of the NWA, the television championship was a way to add stakes to the TV show and when they formed with WCW they became great at that with the Saturday night shows.
AEW has adopted that format with their TNT championship and they have kept with that consistency of the past.
The TNT championship was created six months after the AEW championship and has been defended 49 times as compared to 32 defenses.
At this rate, of course the TNT championship would have changed hands more times – if roles were reversed the World title would have more than four title winners.
- AEW Dynamite Live Results – May 25, 2022
- CM Punk Posts Very Emotional Tweet Following Texas School Shooting Ahead Of AEW Dynamite
- Sting Pulled From AEW Double Or Nothing Weekend Due To Injury
- Jack Evans ‘Super Disappointed’ About Match With Kenny Omega
- Sonny Kiss To Join ‘The Baddies’ Faction In AEW?
- AEW Announces Championship Belt Redesign
- Bryan Danielson Not Wrestling On Tonight’s AEW Dynamite Due To Injury
- Bobby Lashley Teases Brock Lesnar WWE Return
- Michelle McCool Explains The Undertaker’s Absolutely Bizarre Phobia
- Nikkita Lyons Provides Injury Update After Being Pulled From NXT 2.0