Is Brock Lesnar worth the inflated salary he gets from WWE?
– Neil Adshead
He is according to WWE, otherwise they wouldn’t have given him a raise when they renewed his contract two years ago.
However, Lesnar is not the top merchandise seller in the company (a study at the end of 2016 using Google Shopping metrics ranked him in ninth place, behind the likes of Roman Reigns, the NXT brand and the Bella Twins), he barely makes a difference to TV ratings, and his heavily-promoted pay-per-view main event clashes with Samoa Joe and Braun Strowman did little to shift Network numbers.
Lesnar is undoubtedly a valuable asset to the company and someone whom WWE can build intrigue-generating programs around, but is he worth the massive financial outlay? Purely from a business perspective, probably not.
- AEW Rampage Live Results – May 27, 2022
- NJPW Officially Addresses ‘Severe Disagreement’ With Kota Ibushi
- Tony Khan Takes Shots At WWE Changing Money In The Bank Location
- WWE SmackDown Live Results – May 27, 2022
- Brandi Rhodes Spotted Backstage At WWE SmackDown
- Scrapped Idea For Matt Hardy To Lead An NXT Faction
- Kevin Owens Announced For Tonight’s SmackDown
- Update On Vince McMahon’s Plans For Max Dupri On WWE Main Roster
- Scorpio Sky Reveals New TNT Championship Belt On AEW Rampage
- NXT UK Star Charlie Dempsey Announced For PROGRESS Super Strong Style 16 Tournament