Some prop bets were released on Skybet that could point to some very interesting directions for WWE over the next few months. For those unfamiliar with a prop bet, a “proposition bet” is a bet made regarding the occurrence or non-occurrence of an event not directly affecting the game’s final outcome. For example, “How long will AJ Styles vs. Shinsuke Nakamura last?” at WWE Money in the Bank was a prop bet individuals could have placed a wager on last Sunday. It doesn’t matter who wins the match, just that it goes a certain length of time.
In this article, we will look at some prop bets and some futures bets. A future bet is simply a wager where the outcome will not be decided until the distant future. Many bettors get a lot of entertainment value out of them because they can remain active for months.
Two things before we get into some recent prop bets: (1) Betting odds for WWE represent possible spoilers. While it is not a certainty, they are right more often than not. So if you don’t want to be spoiled, stop reading now! (2) A quick reminder of how American betting odds work in case you are used to another format:
A “favorite” is given a negative number. This is the amount of money that needs to be placed on that competitor to win $100. For example, if someone is a -300 favorite, you need to bet $300 to potentially win $100. If you win the bet, you get $400 back (your original $300 and your $100 profit). If you lose the bet, you lose your $300. -300 = 1/3 in fractional odds.
An “underdog” is given a positive number. This is the amount of money you will WIN so long as you bet $100. For example, if someone is a +450 underdog, you need to bet $100 to potentially win $450. If you win the bet, you get $550 back (your original $100 and your $450 profit). If you lose the bet, you lose your $100. +450 = 9/2 in fractional odds.
NEXT: The 3 Bets
- Dave Meltzer Responds To Latest CM Punk Controversy
- Report: How ‘Majority’ Of AEW Roster Feel Toward CM Punk Revealed
- Former AEW TNT Champion Considering A WWE Move?
- Report: WWE To Introduce New Championship Belt ‘Soon’
- Top WWE Star Working WrestleMania 39 With Broken Arm
- Potential Spoiler On Change To WrestleMania 39 Match
- Next WWE Hall Of Fame 2023 Inductee Announced
- AEW Name Opens Up About Training Action Star’s Daughter
- Top Star Argues WWE’s Investment In Roman Reigns Has Only Just Started Paying Off
- Former Women’s Champion Wants To Face GUNTHER For WWE Intercontinental Title