People like to rag on AEW for having a lot of belts in circulation, but here’s the thing: that’s a completely fair criticism, and if anything you should rag on them even harder.
I thought the “too many belts” thing was just something WWE fanboys said to distract from the fact that AEW has better workrate and jokes about scissoring, but in putting this list together I realized that, no, there are actually a ton.
Fourteen belts! That’s too many belts! And that’s without me taking into account the variants, the one-offs like that pink Owen Hart strap, and the belts from other promotions that are defended in AEW.
That being said, AEW puts some really nice-looking gear on display, and at the risk of making everybody mad at me I’m going to rank them all from worst to best.
I’ve included ROH belts in this list because until they get their own TV programme (or at least YouTube show) ROH takes up just as much – if not more – screen time than some of the main brand’s championships.
So without further ado, here is every AEW (and ROH) belt, ranked.
- Official ROH Roster Listing Revealed
- Report: AEW Sources Claim William Regal Locker Room Rumors Are ‘Complete Bulls**t’
- Former AEW Star Currently At WWE Tryout
- AEW Rampage Disaster For December 2 Episode
- Injured WWE Star ‘Wanted To Wrestle’, Still Pulled From Match
- WWE Star Finally Undergoing Major Character Change?
- Sasha Banks Update Amid Wrestling Return Rumors
- Sasha Banks Drops Latest Major Wrestling Return Tease
- Winners Of ‘Wildcard’ Qualifiers For NXT Iron Survivor Challenge Revealed
- Naomi Spotted With Top AEW Star Amid Return Rumors