A major shakeup is set to occur with the planned WrestleMania 40 match card, this time for real.
CM Punk reportedly suffered a torn triceps during his return match at the Royal Rumble, with him slated to miss around 4-6 months following surgery.
Punk’s injury, unlike Seth Rollins’, is set to keep him out of this year’s WrestleMania event, so now we must look for replacement opponents for Rollins at the show.
Luckily for WWE, there are several names who could be subbed in as replacements for Punk on the night.
Last week, Seth Rollins was the half of this match that was expected to miss WrestleMania, but even with him currently injured, he’s still expected to make the show.
On last week’s show, when Rollins was to address his status, he was interrupted by Intercontinental Champion Gunther, who seemingly set up a tease for a future match.
That match may now have to be moved forward to WrestleMania, and was likely the plan prior to Punk’s WWE return at Survivor Series.
The issue is that Gunther is unable to travel outside of the US for a few more months, so he’d have to win a tournament on television rather than an Elimination Chamber.
Click the next page button below for more
- WWE Star Wants Rubber Match Against Major Free Agent
- Jack Perry ‘Scapegoat’ Video Airs Ahead Of In-Ring Return
- WWE Star Earns Second Place At Jiu Jitsu World League Tournament
- WWE Star Set For Big Push Heading Into WrestleMania 40
- WWE Star Pulled From Elimination Chamber Card Reacts To Event
- Spoiler On Popular AEW Star’s Upcoming Return
- Top WWE Star Pushing To Return From Injury Before WrestleMania 40
- Absent WWE Star Makes Public Appearance Ahead Of In-Ring Return
- What Happened After Kazuchika Okada NJPW Farewell Match
- AEW Real-Life Father & Son Team Together For First Time Since Falling Out