NXT TakeOver: Vengeance Day was phenomenal. It proved why NXT was the most exciting show for so many years and has created buzz for the foreseeable future.
Johnny Gargano has begun an exciting reign, Raquel Gonzalez is looking like the future, and an Undisputed ERA break up… you’re teasing us, Hunter!
Here is who every current NXT champion should defend against next.
5. NXT Cruiserweight Championship – Kushida
Many were disappointed to see Kushida lose his match against Johnny Gargano at TakeOver, but I disagree. Gargano has been given a needed successful defence, and Kushida looked strong in defeat. However, it is important to continue pushing the former IWGP Junior Heavyweight Champion while he’s hot.
Karrion Kross is currently feuding with the champion, Santos Escobar, despite him being about 60 pounds too heavy for the 205 bracket.
The match this Wednesday will be fun, but clearly makes little sense for the Cruiserweight division. How they will protect both men in defeat, I’m unsure, but I wouldn’t go any further with it beyond this week.
Kushida, who as previously mentioned is a former Junior Heavyweight Champion, should be next up.
There are not many other superstars deserving of a shot, so the better version of Marty McFly, would create a fun feud, and an entertaining match.
In addition to this, Kushida has been in NXT for nearly two years and has done little of note. A championship win is needed to ensure his WWE run is memorable.
4. NXT North American Championship – Dexter Lumis
I’m not going to say I am the biggest fan of Lumis. After storylines against the Undisputed ERA and Cameron Grimes became overly weird, I find his character too odd to love.
Nevertheless, NXT is clearly building him as the next challenger to Johnny Gargano.
With Gargano’s past North American Championship reigns being lacklustre, Lumis could be useful in cementing this run as a successful one. With a huge win over Kushida at TakeOver, another successful defence against Lumis will finally allow for a lengthy title reign.
More to this, there are not many other superstars on the brand that deserve a shot. I thought of Bronson Reed and Killian Dain as possible contenders, but for the current story, Lumis is next.
- Former WWE Star Offers To Be Bobby Lashley WrestleMania Opponent
- Ronda Rousey Publicly Slams WWE’s Women’s Division Booking
- Another WWE Star Set For ‘Bigger Spotlight’ After WrestleMania 39
- Roman Reigns To Set Another Incredible Record At WrestleMania 39
- Big Hint That Bray Wyatt Is Returning Soon?
- Cody Rhodes Shares First Look At WrestleMania Attire Paying Homage To NJPW, ROH & More
- LA Knight WrestleMania 39 Status Confirmed?
- Top AEW Merch Sellers’ Push Halted?
- WWE Star Says He Is Proud Of Bianca Belair Breaking Championship Record
- Former WWE Star Pleased He’s Not In AEW