I’m very tired after a fantastic weekend with the rest of the WrestleTalk gang at Wrestling MediaCon this past weekend, so what better way to recuperate than staying up until 4am watching Raw?
I think I’d rather eat a porcupine, but I’m doing it anyway, so keep an eye out on WrestleTalk.com and follow us on Twitter to keep up with our live coverage of tonight’s show.
I’ve also just realized it’s Hell in a Cell this Sunday which means this is Raw‘s last chance to get us all up for it and presumably start building to one or two pointless pre-show matches like Drake Maverick vs. Rezar or something.
Why did Mike Kanellis and Viktor destroy the SHIELD?
Moving on from whatever on earth’s going on with the Maverick/AOP situation, we move onto another mysterious incident from last week’s show.
The SHIELD were arrested for wanting to wrestle on a wrestling show. Okay. They were then released about an hour later (despite it being Labor Day), and stole a police van to reverse into the arena in. Right. They were then attacked by seemingly every heel in the Raw locker room. Even if you missed last night’s show and are just reading this now and catching up, you’re no less confused than those that watched it.
Hopefully we’ll get some sort of explanation tonight, building towards Roman Reigns’ Universal Title defense against Braun Strowman this Sunday.
Drew McIntyre and Dolph Ziggler also won the Raw Tag Team Titles last week, so we may see a rematch between them and the B-Team tonight.
Triple H responds to HBK and ‘Taker
Shawn Michaels was live on Raw last week to hype the upcoming battle between Undertaker and Triple H and WWE Super Show-Down in October.
However, when the ‘Heartbreak Kid’ made it clear that he was on his former DX partner’s side, the Undertaker made his unannounced return to WWE TV.
After a very tense (and really bloody good) war of words between the two, it is now being rumored that Michaels could become the special referee for the bout and also that there could be plans in place for another match between the ‘Deadman’ and the ‘Showstopper’ somewhere in the future.
Triple H is being advertised to appear on tonight’s show to respond to his fellow legends’ antics. What will he have to say? Will we see ‘Taker and/or Michaels resurface once more?
Rousey returns to New Orleans
— WWE (@WWE) September 4, 2018
Ronda Rousey made her in-ring WWE debut at WrestleMania 34 this past April, and tonight will return to the city that played host to her introduction in the ‘Big Easy’ itself.
Tonight, the ‘Rowdy’ Raw Women’s Champion will team with her bezzie mate Natalya to take on Alexa Bliss and her bezzie mate Alicia Fox. With Rousey set to defend against Bliss at Hell in a Cell this Sunday, what implications will tonight have on that encounter?
- Mick Foley returns to celebrate the 20th anniversary of his King of the Ring Hell in a Cell spot… over two months too late
- Bobby Roode and Chad Gable will be a weird tag team again
- Finn Bálor and Baron Corbin might moan at each other and make me want to gouge my own eyes out with a pitchfork
- Drake Maverick will turn up with AOP and plug 205 Live
- The Boss & Hug Connection will make me fall asleep
- I’ve probably forgotten something really important in trying to make these jokes
- WWE Stars Honor Late TV Star Jason David Frank
- AEW Star Praises Ricky ‘The Dragon’ Steamboat After Return Match
- Bayley Recruits Recent Celebrity WWE Signee to Damage CTRL?
- Correction On William Regal AEW Contract Status
- Sami Zayn/Roman Reigns Plans Revealed, William Regal WWE Return Update, Major WWE India Show – News Bulletin – November 28, 2022
- CM Punk “S**t The Bed” Putting AEW Into “Freefall” Claims WWE Hall of Famer
- Real Reason Why Roman Reigns Didn’t Have Red Gear For Survivor Series WarGames
- Former WWE Star Criticizes Aspect Of AEW TV For Being ‘A Bit Much’
- Details On New WWE Tryout This Week
- Triple H Reveals Scrapped Plans For Celebrity Appearance At Survivor Series