Two new matches have been announced for NJPW Resurgence, the upcoming US show set to feature a live crowd.
NJPW has revealed that Alex Coughlin will face Karl Fredericks in a singles match on the August 14 show. This will be part of Coughlin’s challenge match series.
Also at the event, the team of Fred Rosser, Wheeler Yuta and Rocky Romero will do battle with Ren Narita, Clark Connors & TJP. It was also announced that those in attendance will be treated to a special dark match.
NJPW took to Twitter to share the announcements:
New matches made for Resurgence!
August 14, Alex Coughlin's Challenge Match series continues against Karl Fredericks!
Fred Rosser, Wheeler Yuta & Rocky Romero face Ren Narita, Clark Connors & TJP!
— NJPW Global (@njpwglobal) July 21, 2021
It was previously announced that David Finlay will challenge Jay White for his NEVER Openweight Championship at NJPW Resurgence. The two recently got physical when White made a shock appearance at IMPACT Slammiversary.
Spoilers from recent IMPACT tapings have emerged, revealing that a popular IMPACT competitor will join Bullet Club in the coming weeks.
NJPW Resurgence is set to be the first US NJPW show to feature a live crowd since New Beginning in the USA in February 2020.
- Raquel Rodriguez Finishing Move Gets New Name After Previous Name Deemed Too Vulgar
- Charlotte Flair Marries Andrade El Idolo
- Bryan Danielson & William Regal Arrive Early To AEW Tapings To Train With Younger Talent
- CM Punk Updates His List Of AEW Dream Matches
- New Documentary ‘Wrestling With Whiteness’ Premiering Today
- Paige VanZant Will Make AEW In-Ring Debut At Double Or Nothing
- Jade Cargill On The Baddies Concept: ‘Where Are The Women Wrestling Fans?’
- AEW Fan Fest Today In Las Vegas Ahead Of Double Or Nothing
- Tony Khan Felt It Was ‘Hugely Important’ For AEW To Re-Sign Jim Ross
- AEW Stars Karaoke For A Good Cause In Las Vegas