Two new matches have been announced for NJPW Resurgence, the upcoming US show set to feature a live crowd.
NJPW has revealed that Alex Coughlin will face Karl Fredericks in a singles match on the August 14 show. This will be part of Coughlin’s challenge match series.
Also at the event, the team of Fred Rosser, Wheeler Yuta and Rocky Romero will do battle with Ren Narita, Clark Connors & TJP. It was also announced that those in attendance will be treated to a special dark match.
NJPW took to Twitter to share the announcements:
New matches made for Resurgence!
August 14, Alex Coughlin's Challenge Match series continues against Karl Fredericks!
Fred Rosser, Wheeler Yuta & Rocky Romero face Ren Narita, Clark Connors & TJP!
— NJPW Global (@njpwglobal) July 21, 2021
It was previously announced that David Finlay will challenge Jay White for his NEVER Openweight Championship at NJPW Resurgence. The two recently got physical when White made a shock appearance at IMPACT Slammiversary.
Spoilers from recent IMPACT tapings have emerged, revealing that a popular IMPACT competitor will join Bullet Club in the coming weeks.
NJPW Resurgence is set to be the first US NJPW show to feature a live crowd since New Beginning in the USA in February 2020.
- Video Footage From Matt Riddle JFK Airport Incident
- MJF Shares Honest Thoughts On CM Punk Real AEW World Title
- WWE NXT No Mercy Main Event Revealed
- WWE Hall Of Famer Confirms Wrestling Return, Names Potential AEW Opponents
- Rhea Ripley Reacts To Dominik Mysterio Championship Loss
- Popular AEW Star ‘Absolutely’ Wants To See Edge Join The Company
- Big Title Change With Main Roster Star At NXT No Mercy
- AEW WrestleDream Main Event Revealed
- Released WWE Star Reacts To NXT No Mercy Match
- OUT NOW – WrestleTalk’s ‘Wrestling Unmasked’: Ripping The Mask Off The Crime, Politics And Intrigue Beyond The Ring