We appear to have the confirmed date for the rumoured upcoming King & Queen of the Ring tournaments.
Andrew Zarian of the Mat Men Podcast revealed that WWE had tentitively planned to hold a Queen of the Ring tournament in October, with the finals taking place at the next WWE show in Saudi Arabia, which is rumoured to take place on October 21.
Zarian took to Twitter earlier today, and has revealed that WWE will also be running a King of the Ring tournament in October, and that it will also see the finals take place in Saudi Arabia.
King of the Ring tournament to take place in October
The finals also taking place in Saudi Arabia (Along with the Queen of the Ring finals) pic.twitter.com/rXzdLaXPe5
— Andrew Zarian (@AndrewZarian) August 13, 2021
Shinsuke Nakamura defeated Baron Corbin for the King of the Ring crown back in June, in a story that many believed was heading to the return of the tournament.
One person who will be hoping he’s a part of the tournament is Xavier Woods, who has made it very clear that he wants to be a part of the tournament.
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- Kenny Omega On Comparisons To Former WWE Champion: ‘I Take The L’
- AEW All In Surpasses Impressive WWE Event Record
- VIDEO: MJF Pays Homage To WWE Star At AEW Double Or Nothing 2023
- WWE Raw Star Zoey Stark Explains Alliance With Trish Stratus
- PHOTO: CM Punk Spotted With AEW Star After Double Or Nothing
- Injury Update After AEW Anarchy In The Arena Match At Double Or Nothing
- Rhea Ripley & Dominik Mysterio Respond To Being Namedropped At AEW Double Or Nothing
- WWE Star Makes History With Huge Title Win
- Backstage Praise For AEW Star At Double Or Nothing
- Jade Cargill Breaks Silence After AEW Double Or Nothing 2023 Loss