It has been reported that the 2point0 tag team were initially set to make a key appearance on the August 25 edition of AEW Dynamite.
On this week’s show, Darby Allin, Jon Moxley and Eddie Kingston teamed up to face The Wingmen. Daniel Garcia ran down to continue his feud with Moxley and Allin.
As per Dave Meltzer of Wrestling Observer Radio, Matt Lee and Jeff Parker of 2.0 were originally set for a key spot on the show. It wasn’t specified whether 2.0 were meant to wrestle, or if they would’ve just joined Garcia with the run-in.
Matt Lee’s wife recently gave birth to their son, likely the reason the team wasn’t on Dynamite. Lee took to Twitter on August 25 to provide an update on baby Jack:
Meet baby Jack. He decided to join us Sunday afternoon, capping off the wildest week of my life. pic.twitter.com/L4XCI2Fnll
— Matt 2point0 (@MattTheShow) August 24, 2021
Following Dynamite, Lee posted a video of himself and baby Jack reacting to Darby Allin and Sting’s entrance:
Baby Jack an I watching that Darby n Sting entrance pic.twitter.com/uxng8IAd9V
— Matt 2point0 (@MattTheShow) August 26, 2021
Also last week, Chris Jericho revealed that 2.0 received AEW contracts. AEW officially confirmed that 2.0 were #AllElite the next day. At All Out on September 5, Darby Allin will face CM Punk in Punk’s first wrestling match in over seven years.
Via Wrestling Inc.
- Ex-WWE Star Edge (Adam Copeland) Joins AEW At WrestleDream 2023
- Jon Moxley Fined By AEW
- WWE Backstage Reaction To Edge (Adam Copeland) Departure & AEW Debut
- Edge (Adam Copeland) Explains Why He Left WWE To Join AEW
- Christian Cage Comments On Edge (Adam Copeland) Joining AEW
- Injured AEW Star Removed From Match At WrestleDream 2023
- Edge (Adam Copeland) Expected To ‘Fill The Gap’ CM Punk Left In AEW?
- Edge (Adam Copeland) AEW Debut Match Opponent & Date Announced
- MJF Addresses Jay White AEW Attack Rumors
- New Edge (Adam Copeland) AEW Nicknames Revealed?