Well, the joke that was Otis as Mr. Money in the Bank has come to an end. At WWE’s Hell in a Cell pay per view, The Miz defeated Otis to become Mr. Money in the Bank for the second time in his career.
Otis had won the briefcase in the Corporate Money in the Bank ladder match back in May. Since then, the briefcase has become less and less relevant. The Miz’s rivalry with Otis has been as much screentime as Otis was getting despite having the contract.
At Hell in a Cell, Otis’ partner Tucker turned heel and cost him the contract in his match with The Miz. After John Morrison was ejected from ringside, Tucker grabbed the briefcase and hit Otis with it, allowing The Miz to get the pin.
Tucker explained after the match that he had carried Heavy Machinery and Otis couldn’t tie his shoes without him. This led to a brawl backstage which was the last time any of them were seen on the show.
Now with Randy Orton as WWE Champion, things are looking eerily similar to the last time The Miz held the Money in the Bank contract back in 2010.
What did you think of Hell in a Cell? Let us know on Twitter!
- Report: How ‘Majority’ Of AEW Roster Feel Toward CM Punk Revealed
- Former AEW TNT Champion Considering A WWE Move?
- Report: WWE To Introduce New Championship Belt ‘Soon’
- Next WWE Hall Of Fame 2023 Inductee Announced
- Potential Spoiler On Change To WrestleMania 39 Match
- AEW Name Opens Up About Training Action Star’s Daughter
- Top Star Argues WWE’s Investment In Roman Reigns Has Only Just Started Paying Off
- Former Women’s Champion Wants To Face GUNTHER For WWE Intercontinental Title
- Popular WWE Team To Potentially Reunite After WrestleMania
- Former WWE Star Announces Retirement