AEW Rampage has been seriously struggling in terms of TV ratings recently, and a new report from Dave Meltzer on Wrestling Observer Radio suggests AEW is struggling to get fans to stick around and watch the show in person.
Rampage is pre-recorded each week after AEW Dynamite, and on this week’s show, Nyla Rose faced Toni Storm. Unfortunately, it seems fans weren’t interested in this match, as “a lot” of them simply walked out of the arena during.
Speaking on Wrestling Observer Radio, Meltzer said:
“A lot of people left – a lot, a lot of people left during the Nyla Rose/Toni Storm match. And I heard the Bucks match with Yoshi-Hashi and Hirooki Goto, they had a hard time getting the crowd but because they had such a good match they did get the crowd. The (Royal Rampage) Battle Royal, I heard the crowd was very into though.”
If you use this transcription or any portion of it please credit WrestleTalk.com and link to this page.
It is a real shame to hear that Rampage is struggling so much to keep its audience interested, as there are great matches on the show almost every week. We’ll just have to see whether Tony Khan has any aces up his sleeves to turn around the show’s fortunes.
For full spoilers of this week’s AEW Rampage, click here.
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- CM Punk Posts Bizarre Instagram Story About Shawn Michaels
- Report: News On Rumored Backstage Heat Between CM Punk & Jon Moxley
- Bray Wyatt’s Status For Tonight’s SmackDown Revealed
- Update On CM Punk Claiming Tony Khan Wanted Him To Wrestle While Not Medically Cleared
- Naomi Post-WWE New Ring Name Revealed?
- WWE To Bring Back Pay-Per-View Name?
- Dustin Rhodes Opens Up About Cody Rhodes
- Ronda Rousey WrestleMania 39 Match Confirmed
- What CM Punk Told Kenny Omega After All Out Backstage Fight
- AEW Backstage Reaction To CM Punk Instagram Post