The NJPW backstage reaction to Kota Ibushi’s recent comments and claims has now been revealed.
Per Dave Meltzer on Wrestling Observer Live, NJPW parent company Bushiroad is unhappy with the situation, especially following its stock price falling:
“There’s a lot of unhappiness with him, they don’t want to lose him but it’s like a real tough situation. Bushiroad isn’t happy because his statements have hurt their stock price a little bit, which is a real negative. He’s also lashed out hard at (Takami) Ohbari, who’s the President of the company. He’s been pretty quiet the last couple of days on Twitter, there hasn’t been a lot of new stuff, but that’s bad and most of the talent has not really discussed it.
Ibushi hasn’t wrestled since the G1 Climax tournament final in October 2021, which was stopped after Ibushi suffered a shoulder injury during the match.
The former IWGP World Heavyweight Champion was originally slated to return during the New Japan Cup in March, but ultimately wasn’t cleared to compete.
We will continue to provide updates as they become available.
- WWE Star Teases Potential Free Agent Target
- Big Departure From AEW Confirmed
- Another WWE Star Trying To Join Judgment Day
- Former WWE Star Seemingly Signs Deal With The Company
- CM Punk WWE Brand Status Update
- WWE Legend Hospitalized Due To Illness
- AEW Star Set To Return To IMPACT Wrestling
- Backstage Details On Randy Orton WWE Creative Plans
- ‘A Lot Of Negativity’ Backstage In AEW, Reasons Why Revealed
- WWE Botches Big Match Announcement?