The NJPW backstage reaction to Kota Ibushi’s recent comments and claims has now been revealed.
Per Dave Meltzer on Wrestling Observer Live, NJPW parent company Bushiroad is unhappy with the situation, especially following its stock price falling:
“There’s a lot of unhappiness with him, they don’t want to lose him but it’s like a real tough situation. Bushiroad isn’t happy because his statements have hurt their stock price a little bit, which is a real negative. He’s also lashed out hard at (Takami) Ohbari, who’s the President of the company. He’s been pretty quiet the last couple of days on Twitter, there hasn’t been a lot of new stuff, but that’s bad and most of the talent has not really discussed it.
Ibushi hasn’t wrestled since the G1 Climax tournament final in October 2021, which was stopped after Ibushi suffered a shoulder injury during the match.
The former IWGP World Heavyweight Champion was originally slated to return during the New Japan Cup in March, but ultimately wasn’t cleared to compete.
We will continue to provide updates as they become available.
- WWE Raw Live Results – June 27, 2022
- Chris Jericho, Bryan Danielson & Paul Wight Appear On WWE Raw
- Backstage Details On AEW Stars Appearing On Raw, Jon Moxley Injury Update, Vince McMahon Allegations – Audio News Bulletin – June 28, 2022
- Another AEW Star Clears Twitter Amid Contract Expiry Speculation
- Fans Speculate AEW Star’s Contract Has Expired Following Cryptic Tweet
- Kevin Owens Misses WWE Raw Due To ‘Minor Situation’
- John Cena Granted Make-A-Wish Foundation Wishes Before WWE Raw
- AEW Star Jake Atlas Domestic Violence Case Dropped
- Bianca Belair Reveals Scary Situation With A Fan From Recent WWE Show
- Luke Owen Reviews WWE Raw – June 27, 2022