Fightful Select (subscription required) reports that Acey Romero has requested his release from IMPACT Wrestling. Romero hasn’t been used by the promotion since tapings in April.
Before being taken off TV, Romero was teaming with Larry D of XXXL. The duo most recently teamed with each other on IMPACT TV on the May 20 edition of Beyond The Impact.
Fightful noted that sources confirmed that Romero and Larry are both still signed to IMPACT Wrestling, with Romero under a paid-per-appearance deal.
Romero made his first appearance for IMPACT in October 2019 at All Glory. In May, Romero was almost hospitalized due to COVID-19. It was noted that Romero is healthy, and has wrestled on Limitless shows in recent weeks.
Stay tuned to WrestleTalk for any potential updates with Romero’s IMPACT status.
- NXT Star Works Another WWE Main Roster Show Amid Call-Up Rumors
- WWE Star Claims He Was Released Due To ‘Backstage Political Power Play’
- Christian Cage Wins TNT Championship On AEW Collision & First Defense Revealed
- Cody Rhodes Next WWE Feud Revealed?
- Update On WWE Star Missing From SmackDown
- Anoa’i Family Member Pitches Two New Members Of The Bloodline
- Current WWE Name Thinks One Released Star May ‘Find His Way Back’ To WWE
- Big Update On Becky Lynch’s NXT Future
- AEW Star Reveals Real Life ‘Burnt Bridge’ Behind Current Storyline
- Championship Matches Added To AEW WrestleDream 2023