AEW Executive Vice President Cody Rhodes believes it’s likely we’ll see Stephen Amell appear, and maybe even wrestle, on AEW TV at some point.
Amell’s last match came at All In in a loss to Christopher Daniels, prior to which he’d been in a multi-person tag match for ROH, and won a tag team match at WWE SummerSlam 2015.
Speaking with ComicBook, Rhodes said:
“So Steven gets me excited. ‘Oh, let’s do this. Let’s do this. Let’s do this’. And then I’ll write a little treatment out, and then it’s, ‘Well, I’m doing this movie’. I don’t know. I think Stephen will absolutely appear on AEW television moving forward.
“I know it’s difficult, because he broke his hip wrestling Christopher Daniels at All In, which very few people know. So I don’t know how excited he is about returning. I know he wants to do it, but he’s got a family. It’s not ballet, but I could see Stephen getting in the ring, for sure, for one more time. I could see that.”
AEW hasn’t shied away from using celebrities, with both Shaquille O’Neal and Snoop Dogg having appeared on Dynamite so far this year.
Rhodes will be in action at Double Or Nothing this coming Sunday against Anthony Ogogo, with the show available on pay-per-view in the US or FITE internationally.
- Winners Of ‘Wildcard’ Qualifiers For NXT Iron Survivor Challenge Revealed
- Former ROH Stars At WWE Tryout
- Sasha Banks Drops Latest Major Wrestling Return Tease
- William Regal Referenced During NXT
- MLW Star Richard Holliday Publicly Reveals Cancer Diagnosis
- AEW Star Says John Laurinaitis ‘Deserves His Misery’
- MJF Files New Trademark Relating To Infamous WWE Term
- The Usos Respond To Criticism Over PWI Tag Team 100 Ranking
- Tony Khan Responds To Criticism Of AEW’s Introduction Of New Wrestlers
- WWE Star ‘Very Apologetic’ After Botch During Raw