While it seems like just yesterday, Adam Cole became NXT Champion 363 days ago. He defeated Johnny Gargano at NXT Takeover: XXV to become champion and has not looked back since.
Now, he is your longest-reigning NXT Champion of all time. To commemorate one year as the champ, Cole will be holding a celebration on WWE’s Twitter account this Sunday. WWE made this announcement in a tweet earlier today.
This Sunday, at 2PM ET // 11AM PT, we celebrate 365 days of @AdamColePro as #NXTChampion, RIGHT HERE on @WWE's @Twitter account. Be there or be a dork. BOOM. ? @WWENXT @roderickstrong @theBobbyFish @KORcombat pic.twitter.com/W8ykBGQKYo
— WWE (@WWE) May 29, 2020
There is no telling what the Undisputed Era will have planned for their celebration. Cole recently defended his title against Velveteen Dream on NXT and will defend against the Dream again at NXT Takeover: In Your House. This may mean Velveteen Dream will get involved in some fashion on Sunday.
Across his lengthy reign, Cole has also defended the title against the likes of Tommaso Ciampa, Finn Balor, and Pete Dunne. He is also the first NXT Champion to defend the title on a WWE pay per view when he defeated Dunne at Survivor Series last year.
Cole has been calling himself the greatest NXT Champion ever as of late. In terms of longevity, he is in a class all by himself.
What do you think will happen at the Adam Cole celebration? Let us know on Twitter!
- Jon Moxley Addresses CM Punk WWE Return Promo
- CM Punk’s First WWE Feud Confirmed
- WWE Star Returns After Over 10 Months
- Update On Plans For Potential Roman Reigns & CM Punk WWE Feud
- AEW Stars Join New Faction
- CM Punk Hilariously References Seth Rollins Incident Following WWE Return
- WWE Star Reacts To Banned Move Seemingly Being Unbanned
- Details On Departed AEW Star’s ‘Fractured’ Relationship With Tony Khan
- WWE Star Returns With Bizarre New Gimmick
- EXCLUSIVE – Claudio Castagnoli Addresses CM Punk Joining WWE, Adam Copeland Joining AEW & More