Adam Cole has revealed that he’d love to do a storyline on AEW TV with his real-life partner Britt Baker in the future.
Speaking on Insight with Chris Van Vliet, Cole recalled having the opportunity to work with Baker for a few independent shows before he joined NXT.
All for working together on a bigger stage, Cole said:
“I do love the idea of eventually doing something on-screen with Britt. I know I have been asked that before, and I know some people are like ‘Oh maybe you want to keep it separate’ or ‘Maybe you want to work together.’ I love the idea of that. There was a small phase when I was done with Ring of Honor, where for like 3 months I was doing independent shows.
“I remember doing shows that she was also booked on, and in a couple of those matches we got to do some mixed tags, or she had run in or I had run in, it was really fun to work with her. Eventually, doing something like that on the big stage that is AEW, I’m all for it.”
An NXT mainstay during the ‘Wednesday Night Wars’, Cole debuted for AEW at All Out in September. Following Tony Khan’s comments about wrestling competition, Cole has shared his honest thoughts on the AEW vs WWE rivalry, and how it could benefit wrestling.
Transcription via WrestlingNews.Co.
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- PHOTO: New WWE Undisputed Universal Championship Belt Revealed
- Scrapped Plans For Rhea Ripley At WrestleMania 39 Revealed
- Solo Sikoa Breaks Silence After Attacking Jimmy Uso On WWE SmackDown
- VIDEO: Former Champion Trains At D-Von Dudley Wrestling Academy
- Major WWE Name Touts Storytelling Of Bloodline Angles
- First Look At Owen Hart In AEW: Fight Forever Revealed
- Big Update On GUNTHER WWE Intercontinental Title Plans
- Lita Makes Surprise Return Following WWE Injury Angle (Video)
- Roman Reigns Shares First Comment Since Dramatic WWE SmackDown Ending
- AEW Teasing Popular Name’s In-Ring Debut?