Top AEW stars have discussed the positives and negatives of working with significant other.
In September 2021, Adam Cole made his AEW debut at All Out 2021. Following his arrival, he and his girlfriend, former AEW Women’s World Champion Dr. Britt Baker D.M.D. have become one of the power couples in the company.
In an interview with Slam Wrestling, Cole discussed the biggest positive of working with Baker and described the lone negative. He said:
“Well, the good for sure is all the time we get to spend together,” Cole said. “Before this, our relationship was a long-distance relationship.”
“For years, we worked for two separate companies and would only meet up like one day a week. So, getting to sit next to her on the plane and share it and see her at work is incredible.
“I think the only negative would be, I do notice that I worry about her more when I’m there. There is a difference when you’re further away than seeing things happen up close and personal.”
“Like, Britt taking some crazy bump or falling from high up. I am flinching watching it happen. It is more nerve-wracking.”
The outlet also spoke with Baker, who noted that her one downside of working with Cole is that it makes it harder for the couple to separate and decompress from wrestling. She said:
“We’re at the same work but we’re in totally different locker rooms. We do things all day, every day.”
“I can be like, ‘Oh my god! This, this, this, and this happened,’ and then he’s like, ‘I don’t want to talk about wrestling anymore. Let’s talk about something else.’ And I will wait as I didn’t even finish telling you about my day. Things like that.”
Stay up to date with the AEW roster’s win-loss record (for televised matches) at this link.
Think you’re a wrestling mastermind? Well you can prove it by taking quizzes in our brand new quiz section! Don’t forget to tweet us your results!
- WWE Announces Nine New Signings
- How Many Tickets CM Punk Immediately Moved For AEW Collision In Chicago
- AEW Getting ‘More Aggressive’ In Major Stars’ Contract Negotiations
- Arena Shut Down ‘A Lot’ Of Ideas For AEW Double Or Nothing
- Update On Ace Steel’s Involvement In CM Punk-Led AEW Collision
- AEW’s Tay Melo Addresses In-Ring Future After Announcing Pregnancy
- WWE Venue Contracts Reportedly Have Interesting AEW Clauses
- Possible Spoiler On A New Title Belt To Be Introduced On June 2 WWE SmackDown
- Two AEW Stars Returning From Injury Soon
- Date For Major WWE International Show Revealed?