It appears that issues regarding the WWE contract of Adam Cole may have led to the recent release of an employee from the company.
The story with Cole’s contract is that WWE and NXT management didn’t realise it was due to expire this past July, and instead thought he was signed until the start of 2022.
Upon management eventually discovering that it was expiring, Cole agreed to an extension to work through SummerSlam weekend, but is set to be a free agent after that.
PWInsider has made a point of noting that the timing of Canyon Ceman’s WWE release lines up with when the Adam Cole contract situation was discovered, specifically stating:
PWInsider.com can also confirm that the timing of the company learning of the Cole contract issue very much lines up with the timing of the departure of Canyon Ceman.
This would seem to imply that Ceman – who was the Senior Director of Talent Development – may have been let go due to not realising Cole’s contract was expiring.
There’s no concrete confirmation that this is the case, but the timing lines up and PWInsider made a specific note of pointing it out, and Fightful Select previously reported there was “significant frustration and heat” backstage regarding the issue.
We’ll keep you informed with any more information on Cole’s status and this story as it comes to light.
- WWE SmackDown Live Results – May 20, 2022
- AEW Rampage Live Results – May 20, 2022
- Did WWE Spoil Result Of Tag Team Title Unification Match?
- HBO Show References Roman Reigns Possibly Joining AEW
- Shock Former NXT Star Was Planned To Join Judgment Day
- ‘Nobody Has Any Idea’ Why Vince McMahon Changed Confusing Money In The Bank Advert
- WWE Raw No Longer Categorized As An ‘Entertainment Show’
- WWE Planning To Build More Performance Centers Around The World
- Sasha Banks & Naomi Suspended By WWE, Women’s Tag Team Championship Vacated
- Stephanie McMahon Leave From WWE ‘Been Brewing For Quite A While’