Adam Cole revealed “big reason” why he left WWE for AEW last year.
At All Out 2021, the former NXT Champion made his shocking debut for All Elite Wrestling after just competing at TakeOver 36 two weeks prior.
Speaking on a panel discussion at the Motor City Comic Con, Cole said there were three factors that pushed him to sign with AEW with the biggest being his relationship with Dr. Britt Baker D.M.D.
“One of the biggest things was getting to be around and see Britt a lot more. At the time, our schedules were so different that there’d be some times that I’d see her for maybe half a day, one day a week. Sometimes I wouldn’t see her for weeks at a time. So getting to travel with her and just being behind the curtain when she walks through after she’s done a match or a promo is really nice.”
The AEW star continued to explain that the fanbase was another factor that led to his decision. Despite his success in WWE NXT, he admitted to watching the AEW product and enjoying what he saw.
“It just looked like so much fun. You know, I had known tons of people on the roster, but to see these crazy, wild crowds every single week, I was like, ‘God, I’d love to wrestle in front of these fans.’”
The third factor that the former WWE star brought up was not wanting to give up streaming on Twitch due to WWE’s policy on Twitch streaming before this year.
Adam Cole will be in the Owen Hart Foundation Men’s Tournament Finals this Sunday at AEW Double Or Nothing in Las Vegas.
For more information on the event, click here.
Quotes via Wrestling Inc.
- AEW X NJPW Live Results Forbidden Door
- Kenny Omega Says Fans Will Be ‘Very Happy’ With Bryan Danielson Forbidden Door Replacement
- Report: Several ‘Under The Radar’ AEW Agreements Have Expired
- Kenny Omega Confirms Cody Rhodes Will Be In The AEW Video Game
- More AEW Stars Dealing With Injuries?
- Huge Spoiler On Bryan Danielson Forbidden Door Replacement
- New Ring Of Honor Logo Leaked?
- Claudio Castagnoli Makes AEW Debut At Forbidden Door
- Orange Cassidy Set To Debut New Licensed Theme Song
- Nature Of Jungle Boy Injury Revealed