Adam Cole made his shock debut for AEW at the end of this past weekend’s All Out PPV, immediately aligning himself with the Super Elite faction.
Fans will be drooling over potential matches Cole could have now he’s in AEW, but the man himself has named a possibly surprising name as the man who is top of his list of opponents.
Speaking in the post-All Out media scrum, Cole revealed that Jungle Boy is the person he wants to face most in his new promotion.
“So there’s a bunch of different options, but there are definitely some people I’m looking forward to stepping into the ring with. Number one is the gentleman that I kicked tonight and that’s Jungle Boy. He is an incredibly talented young man with a huge future and a guy I would love to kick in the face again. But, oh my gosh, Darby Allin, MJF, CM Punk, Christian Cage. So many different options, so many different choices. Really, I can’t think of anyone on this roster who I wouldn’t look forward to facing, except for The Elite.”
Cole’s four years in NXT and his many years on the indies made him one the most desirable wrestlers on the planet, so it’s nor surprising AEW signed him as soon as it was clear he wouldn’t be renewing his contract with WWE.
Credit to Fightful for the quotes.
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- Major WWE Faction Potentially Splitting Up Soon
- ‘Lots Of Praise’ For WWE Star’s Performance On Raw
- Top WWE Star Suffering Recurring Injury
- Ex-WWE Name Ruled Out Of Joining AEW
- ‘Forbidden Door’ Match Announced For AEW Dynamite
- Brock Lesnar Could Break Surprising WWE Record
- WWE Management ‘Happy’ With NXT Call-Ups’ Main Roster Debut
- Major AEW Star ‘Bewildered’ He Could Walk Away After Recent Match
- Bryan Danielson & Kazuchika Okada React To Forbidden Door 2023 Match
- WWE Star To Make In-Ring Debut Soon