AEW star and former NXT Champion Adam Cole has opened up about an unusual recurring personal experience he had as a child.
Cole is currently absent from AEW television due to a serious concussion sustained at AEW’s Forbidden Door event on June 26, which he received during a four-way match for the IWGP World Heavyweight Championship against champion Jay White, Hangman Adam Page and Kazuchika Okada.
Cole has had his fair share of unusual in-ring experiences, but in a recent appearance of Wrestle Buddies Coles opened up about his strange experiences while sleepwalking in his teenage years.
“I grew out of [sleepwalking]. I used to wake up on the floor, sometimes face down when I was like, 15. I was like, What am I doing down here?’
“Sometimes I would wake up mid-conversation with somebody and I’m like, ‘Oh, sorry, I’m sleepwalking,’ and they’re like, ‘Yeah, you are. Just go back to bed.’ So, I used to do it all the time.”
Cole has recently been teasing a return of ‘DaParty’, the group consisting of him, Claudio Castagnoli, Xavier Woods and Tyler Breeze on UpUpDownDown during their time in WWE. The group was disbanded following Cole’s debut for AEW last year.
For more information about injuries sustained by AEW wrestlers, feel free to check out our AEW injury tracker.
Transcription courtesy of WrestlingInc.
Check out WrestleShop.com for all your favorite WrestleTalk merch, the WrestleTalk Magazine, wrestling shirts for grown-ups, and more!
- AEW Star Announces Their ‘Retirement’ Before Dynamite Loss, Stablemate Vows Vengeance
- Video: WrestleMania 39 Stage Being Constructed At SoFi Stadium
- Major Update On Roxanne Perez’s WWE Status
- WWE Talents Sign Controversial New Deal
- WWE Star Revealed As Contestant On ‘The Masked Singer’
- Kenny Omega Reacts To Match Against Vikingo On AEW Dynamite, AAA Responds
- Major Tease AEW Stars Could Leave The Company
- Goldberg’s Next Move Revealed?
- CM Punk Drops Latest Tease For AEW Return?
- Latest News On CM Punk AEW Return After Recent Teases