Adam Cole has not wrestled a match since he suffered a concussion in the IWGP World Championship four-way back at Forbidden Door.
Cole is set to return to the ring on the March 29 episode of AEW Dynamite, with his oppoent not yet known, but he has provided an insight as to what fans can expect from his return.
Speaking to Screen Rant, Cole discussed his time away, and his upcoming return, saying this was his longest time away from the ring.
“Pro wrestling is something I love more than anything in the entire world. In April, it’ll be 15 years that I’ve been in the pro wrestling industry. The longest amount of time I was ever away, with the exception of this injury, was one month. So over a 15-year period, I was away from the ring and traveling and being on the road only for one month.
“Now I look at this entire recovery process, and I think about how long I was away and just how badly I couldn’t wait to get back to work again.”
Cole then provided insight on what the fans can expect from his return to the ring, saying:
“There was a real scare there for a minute of whether I was even going to be able to come back in the first place. But when I knew that was possible, my excitement has gone through the roof. I’ve never lost my appreciation for this job, and how much I love doing what I do. But at the same time, in a lot of ways being given the second chance to go back and do what I love more than anything in the world has me incredibly excited.
“So I mean this wholeheartedly: On March 29th, the fans are gonna get the absolute best version of me that there’s ever been, and I really believe that the passion and the motivation and the excitement to get back into that ring is at an all-time high for me.”
Cole’s return from injury is set to be a focal point of the upcoming AEW All-Access show, which will premiere right after next week’s Dynamite.
Cole will speak on tonight’s episode (March 22) of Dynamite, seemingly to reveal his opponent for next week’s show.
Think you’re a wrestling mastermind? Well you can prove it by taking quizzes in our brand new quiz section! Don’t forget to tweet us your results!
- CM Punk Responds To AEW Return Announcement
- Update On Cody Rhodes Upcoming SmackDown Appearance
- Former WWE Star Reveals ‘Hypnosis’ Storyline Pitch To End Comedy Character
- Alexa Bliss Reveals In-Ring Return Preparations Prior To Pregnancy
- Seth Rollins First WWE World Heavyweight Title Defense Revealed
- Top Star Explains Why He Didn’t Sign With WWE
- WWE Raw Star Shares Update On In-Ring Future
- WWE Name Opens Up About Losing Confidence, Names Stars Who Helped Him
- WWE Star Spotted Training With Top Japanese Star
- Absent WWE Star Still In Contact With Vince McMahon & Other Higher-Ups