When Roderick Strong was bested by Matt Riddle in the opening bout of NXT Takeover: XXV, and then Kyle O’Reilly and Bobby Fish failed to capture the vacant NXT Tag Team Championships, the night was starting to look bleak for the Undisputed Era.
However after defeating Johnny Gargano in the show’s main event, capturing the NXT Championship in the process, Adam Cole ensured that all of Undisputed Era left the Webster Bank Arena in Bridgeport, Connecticut with beaming smiles.
EXCLUSIVE: After taking home the #NXTChampionship at #NXTTakeOver: XXV, @AdamColePro declares that #UndisputedERA is on the verge of running ALL of WWE. @KORcombat @theBobbyFish @roderickstrong pic.twitter.com/K84QIZELGr
— WWE (@WWE) June 2, 2019
This was a rematch from their two out of three falls match at NXT Takeover: New York, which Dave Meltzer deemed as the best WWE match in history. However, the talented duo were able to somehow make their match feel fresh and exciting, and it was truly incredible.
Also on the show, the Street Profits were able to win the fatal-four way ladder match and subsequently the NXT Tag Team Championships, whilst Shayna Baszler and Velveteen Dream successfully defended their belts against Io Shirai and Tyler Breeze respectively.
- Spoilers For AEW Title Eliminator Match
- Evidence AEW Star Is Leaving The Company?
- Alexa Bliss Addresses WrestleMania 39 Status
- PHOTO: Bray Wyatt Spotted Amid WWE Absence
- CM Punk Comments On Rey Mysterio & Dominik WrestleMania Feud
- Celebrity Training For WWE In-Ring Return
- WWE Name Criticizes ‘Childish’ CM Punk Instagram Post
- AEW Star Says Cody Rhodes’ WWE Push Made Them ‘Reevalutate’ Future
- Roman Reigns To Hit Huge Milestone Ahead Of WrestleMania 39
- KSI Addresses Possibility Of A WWE Future