AEW has broken the all-time record for the largest gate in North America for any promotion other than WWE.
Per Dave Meltzer in the latest edition of the Wrestling Observer Newsletter, 12,939 tickets have been sold for the upcoming Double or Nothing pay-per-view set for May 29, for a total of $1,145,000.
Pointing out that the historic 2019 NJPW/ROH G1 Supercard at Madison Square Garden previously held the record, with $1,100,000, Meltzer wrote:
AEW has officially drawn the largest gate record in North America for any promotion other than the WWE.
Double or Nothing on 5/29 at the T Mobile Arena in Las Vegas is at 12,939 tickets out for $1,145,000. There are 585 tickets left. The previous non-WWE record for North America was $1,100,000 for the April 6, 2019 New Japan/ROH show in Madison Square Garden. The only other $1 million gate was for the Atlantis vs. Ultimo Guerrero mask vs. mask match at the 2014 CMLL Anniversary show at Arena Mexico.
This year’s Double or Nothing event will return to Las Vegas, Nevada, set to air from the T-Mobile Arena. The. 2020 and 2021 iterations of the pay-per-view aired from Daily’s Place in Jacksonville, Florida due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Stay up to date with AEW win/loss records using our tracker at this link.
- Malakai Black Denies Being Granted AEW Release
- Candice LeRae Makes WWE Return On WWE Raw
- Report: Tony Khan Not Granting Any AEW Releases
- Latest White Rabbit Code Links To Mysterious Tik Tok Video
- Major Hint That ‘White Rabbit’ Could Be Malakai Black?
- Big Change To AEW Dynamite Due To Hurricane Ian
- Changes Coming Soon To AEW Television?
- AEW Battle Of The Belts IV Air Date Revealed
- Update On AEW Rampage & WWE SmackDown Going Head To Head
- Further Evidence Of Bray Wyatt Extreme Rules Return?