Since its inception, AEW has introduced five different title belts, two of which have undergone some level of re-design.
The AEW Women’s Championship has been re-designed, and the TNT Championship has been redesigned a number of times to reflect the champion holding it.
The current TNT Championship is very similar to the classic design, but AEW has now announced the belt will once again be re-designed, presumably to reflect current champion, Scorpio Sky.
The reason for the re-design is that on last week’s Rampage, both Sammy Guevara and Frankie Kazarian took a sledgehammer to the belt, destroying it and making Scorpio Sky.
As you can see from the below video, Dan Lambert announced he had ordered a new belt, even before Sammy Guevara and Tay Conti posed nude with the current design.
— All Elite Wrestling (@AEW) May 26, 2022
So if you wanna see a new belt, tune in to Friday’s AEW Rampage to see it.
- ‘Heavy Heat’ On AEW Name For Recent Botch
- Mustafa Ali Makes Announcement About His Future After WWE Release
- Tony Khan Apologizes For Technical Issues During AEW Dynamite
- Becky Lynch Gives Brutally Honest Assessment Of WWE Women’s Booking
- ‘You Become A Liability’ – Current WWE Name Breaks Silence On Matt Riddle Being Released
- Another Potential AEW WrestleDream Match Revealed
- WWE Name Confirms In-Ring Retirement
- AEW Star Medically Cleared Last-Minute For Dynamite Match
- Big Change To WWE Fastlane Match Confirmed?
- Major Injury Update On Adam Cole For AEW WrestleDream