Last night on AEW: Dynamite, we saw former NWA Television Champion Ricky Starks answer Cody’s TNT Championship open challenge.
It was reported last week that Starks was heading to AEW, and many speculated that he’d be the man to answer the open challenge on yesterday’s show.
The match was pretty good, with Rhodes finishing Starks off with a brutal Cross Rhodes where Ricky landed right on the top of his head.
Following on from that, AEW confirmed that this was not a one-off, as Starks is now going to be working full-time with AEW. He’s a great pick-up for the promotion so they’ve done well there.
Another wrestler who made their AEW: Dynamite debut on last night’s show was Abadon. She defeated Anna Jay in pretty convincing fashion in the only women’s match on the show.
Anna Jay got a video package before the match giving her some character, so many people thought that she’d be going over, but it was Abadon who picked up the win.
Following on from the match, it was also announced on social media that Abadon is a full-time member of the women’s division in AEW.
With injuries to both Britt Baker and Kris Statlander, this is another good pick-up for AEW, with Abadon likely to be a much-needed unique character in AEW’s floundering women’s division.
- WWE Announces Nine New Signings
- How Many Tickets CM Punk Immediately Moved For AEW Collision In Chicago
- AEW Getting ‘More Aggressive’ In Major Stars’ Contract Negotiations
- Arena Shut Down ‘A Lot’ Of Ideas For AEW Double Or Nothing
- AEW’s Tay Melo Addresses In-Ring Future After Announcing Pregnancy
- Update On Ace Steel’s Involvement In CM Punk-Led AEW Collision
- WWE Venue Contracts Reportedly Have Interesting AEW Clauses
- Two AEW Stars Returning From Injury Soon
- Popular Faction To Reunite On SmackDown?
- Update On Drew McIntyre Amid Ongoing WWE Absence