Last night on AEW: Dynamite, we saw former NWA Television Champion Ricky Starks answer Cody’s TNT Championship open challenge.
It was reported last week that Starks was heading to AEW, and many speculated that he’d be the man to answer the open challenge on yesterday’s show.
The match was pretty good, with Rhodes finishing Starks off with a brutal Cross Rhodes where Ricky landed right on the top of his head.
Following on from that, AEW confirmed that this was not a one-off, as Starks is now going to be working full-time with AEW. He’s a great pick-up for the promotion so they’ve done well there.
Another wrestler who made their AEW: Dynamite debut on last night’s show was Abadon. She defeated Anna Jay in pretty convincing fashion in the only women’s match on the show.
Anna Jay got a video package before the match giving her some character, so many people thought that she’d be going over, but it was Abadon who picked up the win.
Following on from the match, it was also announced on social media that Abadon is a full-time member of the women’s division in AEW.
With injuries to both Britt Baker and Kris Statlander, this is another good pick-up for AEW, with Abadon likely to be a much-needed unique character in AEW’s floundering women’s division.
- WWE SmackDown Live Results – May 27, 2022
- Raquel Rodriguez Finishing Move Gets New Name After Previous Name Deemed Too Vulgar
- Charlotte Flair Marries Andrade El Idolo
- Bryan Danielson & William Regal Arrive Early To AEW Tapings To Train With Younger Talent
- CM Punk Updates His List Of AEW Dream Matches
- Paige VanZant Will Make AEW In-Ring Debut At Double Or Nothing
- New Documentary ‘Wrestling With Whiteness’ Premiering Today
- Jade Cargill On The Baddies Concept: ‘Where Are The Women Wrestling Fans?’
- AEW Fan Fest Today In Las Vegas Ahead Of Double Or Nothing
- Tony Khan Felt It Was ‘Hugely Important’ For AEW To Re-Sign Jim Ross