The viewership figures for the August 6 AEW Battle of the Belts III special have now been revealed.
Per Brandon Thurston of Wrestlenomics, the show drew a total of 437,000 viewers, with a 0.12 rating in the 18-49 demo. This is down from the first two Battle of the Belts specials that aired earlier this year.
The first Battle of the Belts event on January 8 drew 704,000 viewers, with a 18-49 demo rating of 0.27. Battle of the Belts II on April 15 drew 527,000 viewers with an 0.18 rating in the 18-49 demo.
Three titles were on the line at Battle of the Belts III, with Wardlow defeating Jay Lethal to retain his TNT Championship, Thunder Rosa besting Jamie Hayter to remain AEW Women’s Champion, and Claudio Castagnoli successfully defending his ROH World Championship against Konosuke Takeshita.
Jamie Hayter notable suffered a broken nose during her bout.
AEW Battle of the Belts IV will be taped when the promotion visits Washington DC on October 7, with the event likely to be broadcast on October 8.
Stay up to date with viewership figures for Dynamite and Rampage at this link.
If you’re in the UK but didn’t manage to get tickets to Clash at the Castle on September 3, WrestleTalk is hosting a watch party at The Joiner on Worship in Shoreditch, London, and we’d love for you to join us! Click here for more details.
- Paul Heyman’s Intriguing Reaction After Jimmy Uso Accidentally Costs Jey Uso Championship Match
- Potential Future WWE Bloodline Member Receives Big Offer
- Another New WWE Championship Redesign To Be Revealed On SmackDown
- Another New WWE Championship Design Revealed & Big Return On SmackDown
- Another WWE Championship Unification Match Announced
- Update On WWE Women’s Title Situation Ahead Of June 9 SmackDown
- Paul Heyman Idea That Vince McMahon Thought Was ‘Terrible’ Revealed
- KENTA Responds To Alternate Dream Match For CM Punk At Forbidden Door
- Popular AEW Star Sidelined With Neck Injury
- VIDEO: AEW Star Teases In-Ring Return After Almost A Year Away