AEW EVP Kenny Omega believes that it was a miracle he was okay following a spot from his recent steel cage match against Jon Moxley.
Ahead of the Elite vs Blackpool Combat Club Anarchy in the Arena match at Double or Nothing 2023, Omega and Moxley went to war in a cage bout on the May 10 episode of Dynamite.
During a scary spot, Omega drove Moxley through the side of the cage with his V-Trigger knee strike, but Omega’s leg caught up in between the ropes and ring apron.
With Omega having a history of knee injuries, many thought that the popular star had suffered an injury in this moment.
Speaking with Muscle & Fitness, Omega noted that he’s still surprised he walked away from the match without an injury following that spot.
Commenting on the spot, Omega said:
“I’m still bewildered over how it was that I walked away from that one.
“I just let it happen and I think, somehow, because nothing was going against the grain, or fighting against this odd happening, I miraculously ended up OK.”
Prior to this match Omega indicated that he’s in the tail-end of his wrestling career, noting that every match he has from now on will serve a purpose.
It has now been confirmed that Omega will defend his IWGP US Championship against Will Ospreay at AEW X NJPW Forbidden Door 2023.
This pay-per-view event will emanate from the Scotiabank Arena in Toronto, Canada on June 25.
For the latest on contract talks between AEW and Kenny Omega ahead of his current deal expiring click here.
If you want to stay fully updated on all the latest wrestling news, click the red bell in the bottom right of your screen to receive notifications from WrestleTalk.com straight to your device!
- Report: Released WWE Star ‘Caused All Kinds Of Issues’ Behind The Scenes
- Released WWE Star’s Final Match Set For Tonight
- The Rock Reacts To WWE Releases
- Planned AEW PPV Match ‘In Jeopardy’
- WWE Official Comments On Recent Releases
- John Cena Match Set For September 22 WWE SmackDown
- Released WWE Stars Reveal Backstage Details About Vince McMahon
- VIDEO: ROH Champion Holds Hilarious Training Session
- Claudio Castagnoli Comments On Bryan Danielson’s Potential ‘Retirement’ Plans
- Possible Reason For Mustafa Ali Sudden WWE Release Revealed?