An AEW star has revealed their secret to getting a monster reaction from fans in a career that has spanned three decades.
Currently part of The Acclaimed alongside “Platinum” Max Caster and Anthony Bowens, Billy Gunn is still a valuable component on AEW television.
With a career that has seen him involved in the New Age Outlaws and DX, Gunn recently spoke about his long-lasting appeal in a conversation with Chris Van Vliet, saying:
“When they see The Acclaimed and then they hear the rap and then hear Anthony and then we do our little scissor thing, now everybody’s involved.
“That’s really what gets guys over. It’s something that [fans] feel they can all be a part of.”
The WWE Hall of Famer who now serves as a coach and mentor in AEW would also reflect on his ability to appeal to the audience, revealing:
“I tell people all the time, I’m not a wrestling guy. I’m into the fan participation and how involved can I get them to be into what I’m doing before I actually wrestle.
“If I do that, everything I do gets a monster reaction.”
Billy Gunn’s career has seen him perform in WWE on two separate runs from 1993 t0 2004 and then from 2012 to 2015, work for TNA from 2005 to 2009 and New Japan in 2016 and 2017.
He joined AEW in January 2019 as a coach and was inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame in the same year.
Transcript from Wrestling Inc.
If you want to stay fully updated on all the latest wrestling news, click the red bell in the bottom right of your screen to receive notifications from WrestleTalk.com straight to your device!
- Former WWE Star Announces Pregnancy
- Update On How To Watch AEW Collision In The United Kingdom
- CM Punk Dedicates Impending AEW Return To WWE Hall Of Famer
- Huge Match Being Discussed For AEW x NJPW Forbidden Door 2023
- Incredible Brock Lesnar Gesture At WrestleMania 39 Revealed
- WWE Star Reveals His Leg Is Partially Paralyzed
- AEW Star Makes Surprise AAA Appearance, Match Set For TripleMania XXXI
- AEW Star Wants ‘One More Run’ As A Wrestler
- Absent AEW Star ‘Not Being Brought Up Creatively’
- Update On WWE Status Of Talents Company Is ‘Real High’ On