This week’s episode of AEW Dynamite, which was a tribute show for the late Brodie Lee, has been voted as the highest-rated wrestling show of all time.
Cagematch allows for fans and critics to vote on wrestling shows for a Top 500 list, and the December 30th episode has taken the top spot, overtaking the Eddie Guerrero tribute episode of Raw on November 13th, 2005.
While the matches on the show were very good, they were not as great as some we’ve seen on PPV before. The high rating is likely because the tributes AEW paid to Brodie Lee during the show were so moving and touching.
While many fans wish they didn’t have to watch a show like that, the way AEW went about honouring Brodie Lee has been praised highly and will serve as an example for any company that unfortunately has to put on a show of that nature.
The show also had the most amount of fans at Daily’s Place since the onset of the COVID pandemic, with fans clearly keen to pay their respects to Brodie Lee following his tragic passing last weekend.
What are your thoughts on the above story? Let us know in the comments on Twitter or Facebook.
- Irate Jon Moxley Responds To CM Punk In Expletive-Filled Retort
- Major Change Confirmed For WrestleMania 39 Match
- Major AEW Star To Be Out ‘For A While’ After Suffering Legitimate Injury
- What Happened In Cody Rhodes’ Massive Pre-WrestleMania Match Against Solo Sikoa
- Jon Moxley On AEW: ‘I Have Never Seen So Much Bulls**t Drama In One Place In My Entire F**king Life’
- Rumor Killer On WWE Star Taking ‘A Long Time’ Away From The Company
- NXT Star Makes Main Roster Debut
- WWE Star Debuts New Entrance Theme On Pre-WrestleMania Raw
- Jon Moxley Reveals Why He Was ‘F**king Furious’ About Recent AEW Show
- NXT Star Makes Cameo You Probably Missed On WWE Raw