It has emerged that AEW actually changed plans in regards to Sammy Guevara winning the TNT Championship match last night.
Fightful Select is reporting that the match and title change was originally tentatively planned for Arthur Ashe Stadium last week, but ended up being pushed back to last night.
It worked out well timing-wise regardless because last night’s show was in Rochester, New York, the hometown of Brodie Lee, and he’ll always be synonymous with the TNT Title.
The report added that several people backstage knew a couple of hours ahead of the show that Sammy Guevara was set to win.
Plans for the change were put in place around All Out, which took place on September 5 and opened with Miro retaining over Eddie Kingston.
Guevara’s first title defence will take place on Dynamite next week against Bobby Fish, as announced during Rhodes To The Top after Dynamite.
- Former WWE Star Banned From Sting’s AEW Retirement Match
- Former WWE Star Alleges Incident ‘Worse’ Than Recent Vince McMahon Lawsuit
- Cody Rhodes Breaks Silence After Bloodline Attack On WWE Raw
- Cara Pipia Claims Ashley Massaro Was ‘Threatened’ To Keep Quiet About Alleged Rape, Vince McMahon & Stephanie McMahon Named
- ‘Massive Issue’ Caused By New Policy For Sasha Banks/Mercedes Mone AEW Debut Show
- WWE Star Seemingly Turning Heel
- Untelevised Footage Of CM Punk Comments After WWE Raw Went Off Air
- WWE Star Confirms Torn ACL Injury
- Dominik Mysterio Addresses Claim WWE Crowd Reaction Is Fake
- WWE Star Not Seen For Six Months Teases Feud With Gunther