It has emerged that AEW actually changed plans in regards to Sammy Guevara winning the TNT Championship match last night.
Fightful Select is reporting that the match and title change was originally tentatively planned for Arthur Ashe Stadium last week, but ended up being pushed back to last night.
It worked out well timing-wise regardless because last night’s show was in Rochester, New York, the hometown of Brodie Lee, and he’ll always be synonymous with the TNT Title.
The report added that several people backstage knew a couple of hours ahead of the show that Sammy Guevara was set to win.
Plans for the change were put in place around All Out, which took place on September 5 and opened with Miro retaining over Eddie Kingston.
Guevara’s first title defence will take place on Dynamite next week against Bobby Fish, as announced during Rhodes To The Top after Dynamite.
- Big Format Change To AEW Double Or Nothing Affecting CM Punk Vs. Hangman Page?
- Tony Khan Provides Update On AEW’s Standing Following Warner Bros Discovery Merger
- AEW Dynamite Live Results – May 25, 2022
- Cody Rhodes Planned As WWE 2K23 Cover Star?
- Alexa Bliss Reports “Fan” For Death Threats
- Rumour Killer On WWE Ending The Brand Split
- Sonny Kiss ‘Still Believes AEW Is For Everyone’ Despite Long TV Hiatus
- WWE SmackDown Star Ludwig Kaiser Undergoes Another Name Change
- Mia Yim Says ‘WWE Likes To Fix S**t That Isn’t Broken’
- Unused Jeff Hardy SVR 2010 Road to WrestleMania Story Outlines