The real reason for the Eddie Kingston vs Chris Jericho barbed wire shark cage deathmatch set for next Wednesday’s (July 20) edition of Dynamite has been revealed.
On next week’s show, while Kingston and Jericho will be fighting in the barbed wire deathmatch, the remaining members of the Jericho Appreciation Society will be suspended in a shark cage.
The graphic for the bout is shark themed, and features branding for Fyter Fest week 2.
Per Dave Meltzer on Wrestling Observer Radio, Warner Bros Discovery specifically asked AEW to feature a Shark Week tie-in on Wednesday’s show. Warner Bros Discovery notably owns TBS and TNT, the home networks of Dynamite and Rampage respectively.
“The shark thing I guess is the gimmick having to do with Shark Week. Discovery asked them to do a tie-in so they came up with a match to do a tie-in in.”
The upcoming match comes after the team of the Blackpool Combat Club, Eddie Kingston, Santana & Ortiz defeated the Jericho Appreciation Society in Blood & Guts on June 29.
Stay up to date with AEW win/loss records for 2022 using our tracker at this link.
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- Jey Uso Breaks His Silence After Jimmy Uso Betrays Roman Reigns At Night Of Champions 2023
- WWE Star’s Victory Ends 17-Year Streak At Night Of Champions 2023
- Shane McMahon Update Following WrestleMania 39 Injury
- PHOTO: WWE Star Buys His Mother A House
- Possible Injury During AEW Double Or Nothing 2023
- AEW Star Wants Rematch With Mercedes Mone
- VIDEO: Savage WWE Star Namedrop During Max Caster Rap At AEW Double Or Nothing 2023
- Shock Title Change After Suprise Return At AEW Double Or Nothing 2023
- Big Change For AEW Double Or Nothing Setup
- Major Heel Turn Ends AEW Double Or Nothing 2023