Last week’s episode of AEW: Dynamite was main evented by an in-ring promo segment between Chris Jericho and Orange Cassidy.
The segment was the go-home angle before Fyter Fest, where Cassidy and the former AEW World Champion Chris Jericho are going to go one-on-one on the second night of the show.
This week’s Dynamite drew in 633,000 viewers, which is incredibly worrying for the promotion considering it was the go-home episode for Fyter Fest. It is also the lowest viewership figure AEW: Dynamite has ever produced.
By comparison, NXT brought in an average of 786,000 viewers, which was their second-highest viewership figure of the year, behind the February 19th show which took place just a few days after NXT TakeOver: Portland.
This week’s NXT beat AEW by an average of 153,000 viewers, which is the biggest margin of victory for the black and gold brand to date.
According to Dave Meltzer, NXT won every single quarter expect for the second. Meltzer added that Dynamite actually started with 744,000 viewers, but lost viewers in every single quarter, except the ending of the awesome FTR vs. SCU tag team match.
The main event of NXT, a fun three-way between Finn Balor, Keith Lee and Johnny Gargano drew 852,000 viewers, which is 54% more than the Cassidy and Jericho main event drew for AEW. The segment was down 26% from the first quarter, and was the lowest quarter in the show’s history.
Jericho and Cassidy have been the biggest draws for AEW since the promotion started really, so the fact that their segment performed so poorly last week on Dynamite will come as a bit of a surprise to AEW.
- Former WWE Star Offers To Be Bobby Lashley WrestleMania Opponent
- Ronda Rousey Publicly Slams WWE’s Women’s Division Booking
- Top AEW Merch Sellers’ Push Halted?
- Dave Meltzer Responds To Latest CM Punk Controversy
- WWE Star Says He Is Proud Of Bianca Belair Breaking Championship Record
- Former WWE Star Pleased He’s Not In AEW
- WWE ‘Higher Up’ Reveals Real Backstage Reaction To Rise Of Sami Zayn
- Celebrity Waiting For Call To Make WWE Return
- Former AEW TNT Champion Considering A WWE Move?
- Nature Of Mickie James Injury Revealed