It was announced yesterday that former SmackDown commentator Taz will be appearing on the New Year’s Day episode of AEW: Dynamite.
This will not be Taz’s first appearance for AEW. The ECW legend was the guest commentator on an episode of AEW Dark several weeks ago.
It was previously believed that Taz would have a cameo appearance, but it now seems like AEW could have something more significant planned for him.
Reliable Twitter source WrestleVotes is reporting that AEW higher-ups are considering adding an on-screen authority figure to TV.
While nothing has been confirmed as of right now, WrestleVotes says that Taz has interestingly just finished up with his job on CBS Radio, suggesting he has more free time on his hands.
Rare non-WWE drop: I regularly talk to someone in the wrestling business, not directly tied to WWE… AEW is considering adding a commissioner type figure to TV. Name to watch is Tazz, who recently finished up w/ his CBS Radio job. Not sure it happens but interesting nonetheless.
— WrestleVotes (@WrestleVotes) December 27, 2019
Ever since the promotion launched, I have said that AEW needs a commissioner type figure on Dynamite to book matches. It makes more storyline sense that matches just been announced on social media.
As always, WrestleTalk.com has you covered for all the interesting developments on this story.
- Roman Reigns Next Three Title Challengers Revealed
- Huge Update On Triple H WWE Status
- WWE SmackDown Live Results – May 20, 2022
- Sasha Banks & Naomi Status For Tonight’s WWE SmackDown
- Stephanie McMahon Departure Announcement ‘Came Out Of Nowhere’
- WWE Talent ‘Could Not Understand’ Why Sasha Banks & Naomi Walked Out
- AEW Rampage Live Results – May 20, 2022
- AEW’s Future In Further Doubt Following WarnerMedia Upfronts?
- Here’s Who Pitched Asuka Beating Becky Lynch After Sasha Banks & Naomi Walk-Out
- Did WWE Spoil Result Of Tag Team Title Unification Match?