It was announced yesterday that former SmackDown commentator Taz will be appearing on the New Year’s Day episode of AEW: Dynamite.
This will not be Taz’s first appearance for AEW. The ECW legend was the guest commentator on an episode of AEW Dark several weeks ago.
It was previously believed that Taz would have a cameo appearance, but it now seems like AEW could have something more significant planned for him.
Reliable Twitter source WrestleVotes is reporting that AEW higher-ups are considering adding an on-screen authority figure to TV.
While nothing has been confirmed as of right now, WrestleVotes says that Taz has interestingly just finished up with his job on CBS Radio, suggesting he has more free time on his hands.
Rare non-WWE drop: I regularly talk to someone in the wrestling business, not directly tied to WWE… AEW is considering adding a commissioner type figure to TV. Name to watch is Tazz, who recently finished up w/ his CBS Radio job. Not sure it happens but interesting nonetheless.
— WrestleVotes (@WrestleVotes) December 27, 2019
Ever since the promotion launched, I have said that AEW needs a commissioner type figure on Dynamite to book matches. It makes more storyline sense that matches just been announced on social media.
As always, WrestleTalk.com has you covered for all the interesting developments on this story.
- WWE Announces Partnership With Twitch To ‘Sidecast’ Raw & More
- AEW Star Compares Orange Cassidy To WWE’s Legendary Undertaker
- Report: WWE Hall Of Famer ‘Adamantly’ Rejected Involvement In Current Star’s Storyline
- WWE Faction To Receive New Name
- Report: Date For Cody Rhodes Vs. Brock Lesnar III Confirmed
- Bianca Belair’s Hilarious Response To Bizarre Asuka WWE Trend
- WWE Tag Team Set For Match Against Each Other?
- Top WWE Star Reportedly Set To Face GUNTHER On June 5 Raw
- Absent AEW Star Rejected Recent Return Plans
- AEW Star Questions Crowd Reactions To CM Punk Ahead Of ‘Big Deal’ Return