With a number of AEW contracts due to expire by the end of 2023, WWE are no doubt going to be keeping an eye on negotiations.
It has been reported by Fightful that the Young Bucks and MJF both have contracts that reportedly end on January 1, 2024.
Dave Meltzer touched upon the subject on Wrestling Observer Radio, stating:
“There are AEW contracts that are coming due at the end of the year. Several of them. Many of them, and WWE obviously will be pursuing all of them, or all the ones that are key ones that they could get.”
If you use this transcription or any portion of it please credit WrestleTalk.com and link to this page.
Meltzer wouldn’t cite specific names that WWE may take an interest in, although MJF has previously expressed his belief that there would be a bidding war in 2024.
Jim Ross’ contract was also reported to end at the “start of 2024” according to Fightful.
Sting has previously revealed that his current AEW contract will expire in 2023.
If you want to stay fully updated on all the latest wrestling news, click the red bell in the bottom right of your screen to receive notifications from WrestleTalk.com straight to your device!
- Scrapped Plans For Rhea Ripley At WrestleMania 39 Revealed
- Solo Sikoa Breaks Silence After Attacking Jimmy Uso On WWE SmackDown
- VIDEO: Former Champion Trains At D-Von Dudley Wrestling Academy
- First Look At Owen Hart In AEW: Fight Forever Revealed
- Major WWE Name Touts Storytelling Of Bloodline Angles
- Lita Makes Surprise Return Following WWE Injury Angle (Video)
- Cody Rhodes June 5 WWE Raw Plans Revealed
- Big Update On GUNTHER WWE Intercontinental Title Plans
- Roman Reigns Shares First Comment Since Dramatic WWE SmackDown Ending
- AEW Teasing Popular Name’s In-Ring Debut?