An AEW star has named a WWE champion who they see as a potential opponent they’d like to face in a dream singles match.
Speak on the FTR with Dax podcast, Dax Harwood revealed the name of the WWE star he’d like to face, saying:
“I would say probably Gunther maybe No. 1.
“I’ve watched a lot of his stuff this year, and I missed out on a lot of the independent stuff he did overseas a while back because I was just traveling so much.
“But I’ve watched a lot of his stuff, and I think he and I could do some good business.”
Gunther first appeared in WWE as WALTER in January 2019 at NXT UK TakeOver: Blackpool.
He would go on to become the United Kingdom Champion defeating Pete Dunne at NXT TakeOver: New York in April 2019 and would become the longest-reigning NXT UK Champion.
Following his elevation to the main roster, he has become Gunther and the WWE Intercontinental Champion, defeating Shinsuke Nakamura in June 2022 to gain the title.
It was recently reported that Gunther is the longest-reigning Intercontinental Champion of the 21st Century.
Harwood (and Cash Wheeler) are currently contracted to AEW, though their contracts reportedly expire in April 2023.
Transcript from EWrestlingNews.
Think you’re a wrestling mastermind? Well you can prove it by taking quizzes in our brand new quiz section! Don’t forget to tweet us your results!
- Spoilers For AEW Title Eliminator Match
- Evidence AEW Star Is Leaving The Company?
- Alexa Bliss Addresses WrestleMania 39 Status
- CM Punk Comments On Rey Mysterio & Dominik WrestleMania Feud
- PHOTO: Bray Wyatt Spotted Amid WWE Absence
- AEW Star Says Cody Rhodes’ WWE Push Made Them ‘Reevalutate’ Future
- Celebrity Training For WWE In-Ring Return
- WWE Name Criticizes ‘Childish’ CM Punk Instagram Post
- Roman Reigns To Hit Huge Milestone Ahead Of WrestleMania 39
- Potential Spoiler On Edge WrestleMania Plans?