This week on New Year’s Day, All Elite Wrestling put on an exceptional episode of Dynamite. The show was headlined by an awesome six-man tag match between The Elite and PAC & The Lucha Brothers.
The show also featured a cracking rematch from Fyter Fest between fan favourites Darby Allin and Cody.
By comparison, NXT had their End of Year Awards show. Although three matches were shown, they were highlights from the three best NXT matches of 2019. As a result, AEW drew a very impressive 967,000 viewers. By comparison, Triple H’s NXT drew just 548,000.
While AEW’s margin of victory might seem like a surprise, it really isn’t. NXT advertised no matches for the show, and the show was certainly not must-see like episodes of NXT TV have grown to become.
In all honesty, I am incredibly surprised that NXT still managed to draw over 500,000 viewers. You could have missed out on the show and not missed anything that important.
- Rhea Ripley Reacts To Dominik Mysterio Championship Loss
- Popular AEW Star ‘Absolutely’ Wants To See Edge Join The Company
- Big Title Change With Main Roster Star At NXT No Mercy
- Graphic Photo Of Becky Lynch Injury After NXT No Mercy 2023
- Released WWE Star Reacts To NXT No Mercy Match
- Another Major Title Change At NXT No Mercy
- Edge ‘Too Loyal To WWE’ For AEW Debut Says Hall Of Famer
- Carmelo Hayes Addresses NXT Championship Loss At No Mercy 2023
- WWE Faction Officially Breaking Up
- NXT No Mercy Opening Match Revealed