A planned match for AEW Double or Nothing on May 28 2023 has been confirmed to be taking place according to a new report.
Keith Lee returned to AEW on the February 17 episode of AEW Rampage and set his sights on Swerve Strickland (as can be seen from the video below this news story).
The pair are yet to have their eventual one-on-one encounter, however, with Lee most recently having faced Chris Jericho on the April 13 episode of AEW Dynamite in the main event.
Dave Meltzer has now addressed the current plan in the Wrestling Observer Newsletter (subscription required), stating:
“The plan right now is to hold off the first Keith Lee vs. Swerve Strickland match until the PPV.”
AEW Double or Nothing takes place over Memorial Day weekend on May 28 in the T-Mobile Arena, Paradise, Nevada.
This will be the second time that Double or Nothing has been held in that venue and the fifth time that the pay-per-view has run.
Making the most of the time of year, AEW will also run Dynamite and Rampage on May 24 and 26 from the MGM Grand Garden Arena, with the Friday Rampage airing on Saturday May 27.
If you want to stay fully updated on all the latest wrestling news, click the red bell in the bottom right of your screen to receive notifications from WrestleTalk.com straight to your device!
- Jey Uso Breaks His Silence After Jimmy Uso Betrays Roman Reigns At Night Of Champions 2023
- WWE Star’s Victory Ends 17-Year Streak At Night Of Champions 2023
- Shane McMahon Update Following WrestleMania 39 Injury
- PHOTO: WWE Star Buys His Mother A House
- VIDEO: What Happened After WWE Night Of Champions 2023 Went Off The Air?
- AEW Star Wants Rematch With Mercedes Mone
- Possible Injury During AEW Double Or Nothing 2023
- Rikishi Reacts To Bloodline Implosion At WWE Night Of Champions 2023
- Shock Title Change After Suprise Return At AEW Double Or Nothing 2023
- VIDEO: Savage WWE Star Namedrop During Max Caster Rap At AEW Double Or Nothing 2023