AEW’s upcoming Double or Nothing 2022 pay-per-view has now broken a record for a non-WWE pro-wrestling show.
AEW has a number of high-profile shows set for the next couple of months, with the annual Double or Nothing event airing on May 29, and the NJPW crossover show ‘Forbidden Door’ emanating from the United Center on June 26.
Per the latest edition of the Wrestling Observer Newsletter, the gate for Forbidden Door has passed $1 million, and is set to become the second largest in AEW history.
It was noted that it is behind Double or Nothing on May 29, which will end up with a gate around $1.2 million, which would be the largest gate in the history of pro-wrestling for any company other than WWE.
At this month’s pay-per-view, CM Punk will challenge for Hangman Page’s AEW World Championship, in his first title match since February 2013. Several other matches have been announced for the show, including an AEW Women’s Title contest.
You can view the announced line-up for the show right here.
- Report: Huge ROH Show Announcement Imminent
- Lio Rush Provides Update On Shoulder Injury & Return Plans (Exclusive)
- Hiromu Takahashi Pulled From Forbidden Door
- Update On Cesaro’s Wrestling Future Amid Forbidden Door Speculation
- Ronda Rousey In Action During WWE SmackDown Dark Match
- The Rock Reacts To Pat McAfee Using His Catchphrase On SmackDown
- AEW Star Taz Shows Off Incredible Weight Loss Photo
- Bayley Teases Returning For Money In The Bank
- Watch Alexa Bliss Rap ‘Lose Yourself’ In Her Hometown
- Bret Hart Posts Emotional Message 20 Years After Stroke