Well that didn’t last very long. AEW’s debut show Double or Nothing has sold out just four minutes after general sale tickets were released.
The speed of the sell out was an inevitability after pre-sale tickets sold out within minutes on Monday earlier this week. Dave Meltzer reported that over 43,000 people applied tried to get tickets for the show, and as the venue has an estimated 11,600 capacity, many will have come away empty handed.
The general sale tickets were released at 5pm GMT (9am PST, 12pm ET) today (February 13) and were gone by 5.04pm.
— All Elite Wrestling (@AEWrestling) February 13, 2019
The show’s card is currently as follows:
- Kenny Omega vs. Chris Jericho
- PAC vs. Adam ‘Hangman’ Page
- SCU vs. OWE
- The Young Bucks vs. The Lucha Bros
- Britt Baker vs. Nyla Rose vs. Kylie Rae
With so many eyes on the MGM Grand Arena on May 25, AEW will have to put on a hell of a show, particularly with so many sceptics calling them a flash in the pan.
What’s undeniable is that the promotion has caught the imaginations of wrestling fans worldwide, and the speed at which the tickets sold out for Double or Nothing is a testament to this.
- Backstage Reaction To Hardy Royal Rumble Performance
- Former WWE Star Signs With IMPACT Wrestling
- Confusion Surrounding Nia Jax’s WWE Roster Status After Royal Rumble
- Triple H Ribbed WWE Star At Royal Rumble
- Big Spoiler For Another UK WWE PLE?
- Cody Rhodes Accused Of ‘Sucking Up’ To Tony Khan
- Sami Zayn Makes Bold Statement On Twitter After Bloodline Betrayal At Royal Rumble
- AEW Star Calls Out WWE For Management ‘War’, ‘Playing’ With Wrestlers’ Careers
- Kota Ibushi First Post-NJPW Appearance Announced
- Dustin Rhodes Shares Message For Cody Rhodes Ahead Of WrestleMania 39