AEW has filed a new trademark application to use an existing event name for the “category of shirts” according to the USPTO.
On April 27 2023, an application was filed for the use of “DOUBLE OR NOTHING” which, as noted in the USPTO filing, has a date of first use on 25 May 2019.
The trademark was filed for the following:
Entertainment services in the nature of live wrestling performances; Entertainment services in the nature of production of wrestling programs and events; Entertainment services, namely, an ongoing multimedia program featuring wrestling distributed via various platforms across multiple forms of transmission media; Entertainment services, namely, production and distribution of ongoing television programs in the field of wrestling
According to the filing, the primary US classes for the new filing are:
022: Games, Toys and Sporting Good
The primary international class is listed as:
025 – Primary Class
(Clothing) Clothing, footwear, headgear.
The filing was submitted by Bradley M Stohry of Reichel Stohry Dean LLP in Indianapolis.
The applicant and owner (All Elite Wrestling, LLC) list the Legal Entity State as Delaware.
As of May 2 2023, it was confirmed that “The trademark application has been accepted by the Office (has met the minimum filing requirements) and has not yet been assigned to an examiner.”
For those interested in trademarks, WrestleTalk keeps a trademark filings tracker for WWE and AEW that can be found here.
If you want to stay fully updated on all the latest wrestling news, click the red bell in the bottom right of your screen to receive notifications from WrestleTalk.com straight to your device!
- Asuka Shares Expletive-Filled Translation Of Recent Promo Battle With IYO SKY
- Former WWE Star Says They’re Not Retired
- Rhea Ripley Weighs In On Major WrestleMania 39 Debate
- Seth Rollins Teases “Forbidden Door” Dream Match With Top Star?
- Seth Rollins ‘First Title Defense’ Of WWE World Heavyweight Championship Already Happened
- ‘Free Agent’ WWE Star Set For First NXT Match In Seven Years
- Major AEW X NJPW Forbidden Door Dream Match Set
- Popular AEW Star Announced For G1 Climax
- Top WWE Star’s Hilarious Response To Ronda Rousey ‘Demanding’ Rumours
- ‘The Crowd’s Coming Back Around On Me’, AEW Star Addresses Possible Face Turn