A championship celebration on tonight’s (July 20) AEW Dynamite, celebrating Swerve in our Glory winning the AEW Tag Team Championships.
While the Hotlanta crowd was surely excited to see the new champs, Swerve Strickland and Keith Lee, the pair were unceremoniously cut short with the arrival of an uninvited guest to the party!
Their celebration was cut short when dastardly AEW lawyer, Smart Mark Sterling crashed the party along with Tony Nese and their petition to remove Swerve Strickland from AEW.
With rapper Kevin Gates at ringside playing into the angle, after Sterling was unceremoniously denied his signature on the aforementioned petition, a fracas ensued with Gates laying out Nese!
The punch distracted Sterling, perhaps for concern for Nese but more likely excited about the opportunity to sue, for just long enough that Swerve snuck up behind him and smashed the celebration cake into his face.
Elsewhere on the show, House of Black kicked off the Shark Week themed edition standing tall with some intriguing events, Swerve in our Glory hosted a Championship Celebration and a former NXT 2.0 star made their debut and got a title shot.
- Malakai Black Denies Being Granted AEW Release
- Report: Tony Khan Not Granting Any AEW Releases
- Big Change To AEW Dynamite Due To Hurricane Ian
- CM Punk Spotted For First Time Since AEW All Out Backstage Fight (Photo)
- Update On AEW Rampage & WWE SmackDown Going Head To Head
- Changes Coming Soon To AEW Television?
- AEW Battle Of The Belts IV Air Date Revealed
- Further Evidence Of Bray Wyatt Extreme Rules Return?
- Dax Harwood Shares Heartwarming Picture With Daughter On Twitter
- Dwight Howard Has ‘No Doubt’ About Joining WWE