The viewership figure and demo rating for Wednesday’s (December 7) edition of AEW Dynamite on TBS has been revealed.
Per Brandon Thurston of Wrestlenomics, Dynamite drew 840,000 viewers. This is down from the November 30 edition that drew 870,000 viewers.
In the key 18-49 demographic, Wednesday’s show scored 0.29 rating. This is up from the week prior that scored 0.26 rating.
AEW ranked #3 on cable in the demo for the night. Meanwhile, NBA on ESPN finished #1 and #2 among cable originals for Wednesday.
The ratings were greatly affected by a Spectrum outage issue.
Wrestling Observer’s Dave Meltzer tweeted about the outage affecting the ratings for the evening, writing:
“The AEW rating is likely way down because of the Spectrum cable issues. That’s 30 million homes with problems. Both video and then audio throughout the show. NHL will also suffer greatly in ratings from last night.”
The episode featured The Acclaimed defeating FTR to retain the AEW World Tag Team Championships in the main event.
Also, Ricky Starks won the Dynamite Diamond Battle Royale and went on to cut a scathing promo against AEW World Champion MJF following the bout.
A full list of AEW Dynamite TV ratings for 2022 can be found at this link.
AEW Dynamite last night on TBS (8-10pm):
P18-49 rating: 0.29
— Brandon Thurston (@BrandonThurston) December 8, 2022
Check out WrestleShop.com for all your favorite WrestleTalk merch, the WrestleTalk Magazine, wrestling shirts for grown-ups, and more!
- Potential Spoiler For WWE Royal Rumble Return
- Report: WWE Drops Naughty Tag Team Name
- Popular WWE Series Comes To An End
- Report: Notable Promotion Sends WWE Cease & Desist Over Attempting To Contact Its Wrestlers
- Bray Wyatt Opens Up About What Undertaker Told Him At WWE Raw 30
- Report: What Vince McMahon Is Doing At His Office At WWE HQ Revealed
- Big E WWE Update Ahead Of Royal Rumble
- Big Name Set To Appear On SmackDown January 27
- Report: Matt Riddle Out Of Rehab, Could Make WWE Return Soon
- Mercedes Mone Addresses WWE Departure