After being the talk of the AEW world following today’s media call, a William Regal update opened up tonight’s AEW Dynamite show.
During the pre-ROH Final Battle media call, Tony Khan confirmed that Regal will be leaving AEW at the end of the year, with him set to return to WWE in January.
Tony Khan also confirmed that he agreed to let Regal go and work with his son, Charlie Dempsey, in WWE.
Regal was written off AEW television on last week’s episode of Dynamite, when he was laid out by MJF with a brass knuckles shot.
To kick off tonight’s Dynamite show, AEW provided an update on the former leader of the Blackpool Combat Club.
AEW announced that Regal was ‘still in hospital’ recovering from the attack from the new World Champion last week.
They also announced that Bryan Danielson, who travelled with Regal to the hospital, is with him.
Khan also revealed that Regal initially requested to leave the company back in October.
Check out WrestleShop.com for all your favorite WrestleTalk merch, the WrestleTalk Magazine, wrestling shirts for grown-ups, and more!
- Report: WWE/Saudi Arabia Relationship ‘Absolutely A Factor’ In Sami Zayn Plans
- VIDEO: AEW Entrance Theme Plays At Royal Rumble Event
- Spoiler For Entrant #1 In Royal Rumble Match Revealed?
- Spoiler On Former Champion Planned For Tonight’s Royal Rumble
- Surprising Planned WWE Royal Rumble Match Order Revealed
- Top WWE Star Calls CM Punk ‘A Cancer’, Tells Him ‘Go Do Something Else’
- Spoiler On NXT Star Brought In For WWE Royal Rumble
- Cody Rhodes Wins WWE Royal Rumble 2023
- Former NXT Star Makes AEW Debut Amid WWE Return Rumours
- Former WWE Star In San Antonio Ahead Of Royal Rumble