A top AEW star has teased the potential championship match with two newly crowned NJPW champions.
The tease came after Aussie Open (Mark Davis & Kyle Fletcher) defeated YOSHI-HASHI and Hirooki Goto of Bishamon for the IWGP Tag Team Championships at NJPW Sakura Genesis on April 8.
One-half of the current AEW Tag Team Champions, Dax Harwood, wasted no time in posting what appears to be a suggestion to Twitter.
— Uncle Dax FTR (@DaxFTR) April 8, 2023
While there’s no indication as to when a possible match could take place, AEW x NJPW Forbidden Door 2 is coming in June 2023.
There’s also the opportunity for FTR to face Aussie Open on a grand stage with AEW All In taking place in August at Wembley Stadium in London.
Fletcher and Davis are members of NJPW’s United Empire, a stable that includes Will Ospreay who recently teased his ambition to be at the London event.
Another high-profile name that has set their sights on All In in London is former NJPW star Kota Ibushi.
If you want to stay fully updated on all the latest wrestling news, click the red bell in the bottom right of your screen to receive notifications from WrestleTalk.com straight to your device!
- WWE Star’s Victory Ends 17-Year Streak At Night Of Champions 2023
- Shane McMahon Update Following WrestleMania 39 Injury
- Jey Uso Breaks His Silence After Jimmy Uso Betrays Roman Reigns At Night Of Champions 2023
- AEW Star Wants Rematch With Mercedes Mone
- VIDEO: What Happened After WWE Night Of Champions 2023 Went Off The Air?
- PHOTO: WWE Star Buys His Mother A House
- Rikishi Reacts To Bloodline Implosion At WWE Night Of Champions 2023
- ‘Last Minute’ Change To AEW Double Or Nothing 2023 Revealed
- ‘Crazy’ Plans For AEW Double Or Nothing 2023
- Possible Injury During AEW Double Or Nothing 2023