AEW star Swerve Strickland wants to face off against Bill Goldberg, following reports that the Hall of Famer is now a free agent.
Fightful Select (subscription required) recently provided an update on Goldberg’s status, revealing that the former Universal Champion has officially been a free agent since his WWE contract expired at the end of 2022.
Following speculation about the wrestling veteran’s next move, Raj Giri of Wrestling Inc noted that Goldberg is considering having one more match, tweeting:
“And he’s saying he wants a retirement match…”
Swerve Strickland appears interested in this potential retirement match, with the AEW star replying:
“Give em to me.”
Goldberg last wrestled at the February 2022 Elimination Chamber premium live event, unsuccessfully challenging for Roman Reigns’ Universal Championship.
Strickland is considerably more active, most recently wrestling alongside his Mogul Affiliates tag partner Parker Boudreaux on the March 3 edition of Dynamite.
Stay up to date with AEW win/loss records for 2023 using our tracker right here.
AEW President Tony Khan has now commented on Goldberg’s status, which you can read more about at this link.
Give em to me https://t.co/0Gcikj7vpV
— The Realest Swerve Strickland (@swerveconfident) March 22, 2023
Think you’re a wrestling mastermind? Well you can prove it by taking quizzes in our brand new quiz section! Don’t forget to tweet us your results!
- Asuka Shares Expletive-Filled Translation Of Recent Promo Battle With IYO SKY
- Former WWE Star Says They’re Not Retired
- Rhea Ripley Weighs In On Major WrestleMania 39 Debate
- Seth Rollins Teases “Forbidden Door” Dream Match With Top Star?
- Seth Rollins ‘First Title Defense’ Of WWE World Heavyweight Championship Already Happened
- ‘Free Agent’ WWE Star Set For First NXT Match In Seven Years
- Major AEW X NJPW Forbidden Door Dream Match Set
- Top WWE Star’s Hilarious Response To Ronda Rousey ‘Demanding’ Rumours
- Popular AEW Star Announced For G1 Climax
- ‘The Crowd’s Coming Back Around On Me’, AEW Star Addresses Possible Face Turn